Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

The car seems to be a Porsche Panamera so the artist might come from Panama? Roses could be the artist name? Or maybe it's a trick and @agutierrezb wants to show it's a car and a name similar to Rosa? In this I would name Mercedes Sosa! I can't connect to Montreux but she released a lot of records on Philips, it's world music (her music is so many different genres actually), it's older than any other AotM, artist is not alive, she was not born close to the ocean but one of her most famous song, Alfonsina Y El Mar, is about the sea, Porsche/Mercedes and Roses/Sosa?
It may be Caroline (or Carolina) instead of roses too.

Porsche Panamera is named after the Carrera Panamericana, a race from border to border in Mexico on the Pan-American Highway from 1950-1954. It was started again in a similar way in 1988.
Probably useless info. 🤣

Porsche Panamera is named after the Carrera Panamericana, a race from border to border in Mexico on the Pan-American Highway from 1950-1954. It was started again in a similar way in 1988.
Probably useless info. 🤣
I found a Flamenco Island in Panama but, as it turns out, Panama has nothing to do with the Porsche...

Roses was released in 2004. I checked to see if Paco de Lucia, Elis Regina, or Camaron de la Isla died that year. Nope.

The music video referenced West Side Story, which came out in 1961. I checked to see if Paco de Lucia, Elis Regina, or Camaron de la Isla were born that year. I did not check if there were writing credits on West Side Story that overlapped with any of those artists.

I did not check the production credits for Roses to see if there was overlap on Paco de Lucia, Elis Regina, or Camaron de la Isla.

The Porche 911 started production in 1963. No birthdays for Paco de Lucia, Elis Regina, or Camaron de la Isla were in that year.

I'd like to keep playing, but alas, I have some deadlines today, but maybe this input will save one of yall some time.

I found a Flamenco Island in Panama but, as it turns out, Panama has nothing to do with the Porsche...
Yeah, I feel like it is more likely that that clue mean Pan-American than Panama, but who knows, maybe neither!

Edit: is Panama named that because it connects north and south America? Because then I guess it is the same thing.

El Camaron De La Isla con la colaboración especial de Paco De Lucia ‎– Castillo De Arena

1568733280301.png

Hints #1-3. Instead of focusing on Montreux I searched for "castle" or "castillo" in Spanish. Discogs+Castillo+Philips and I found this record.
Hint #2. Flamenco, we never had Flamenco before.
Hint #4. It got released on 1977, Lou Reed's Blue Mask got released on 1982.
Hint #5. I think we can agree that Flamenco can be included into World Music (except if you are Spanish :p)
Hint #6. I can't connect
Hint #7. Artist died in 1992.
Hint #8. I can't connect
Hint #9. He was born in San Fernando, a small town near Cadiz in Spain, a town by the sea in the South of Spain.
Hint #10.

1. Don't take the 20 albums thing too literally. I didn't really count, but what I meant is that there aren't many releases pre-1982 that match both the UEFA and the Puzzle clues, which takes me to my second point.
>>> Album got repressed this year in Spain, currently available on Discogs for 21€.
2. Some of you (I'm not saying who) are in the right direction in regards to cracking the clues. The shortlist of albums I mentioned in point #1 can be if you dive into discogs/wiki with both clues in hand.
>>> @D Jilla guessed Camaron de la Isla - Le Leyenda Del Tiempo

Rosalia lyrics from Con Altura:

Pongo rosas sobre el Panamera
Pongo palmas sobre la guantanamera
Llevo a Camarón en la guantera (De la Isla)
Lo hago para mi gente y lo hago a mi manera

Image result for vince carter it's over's over

This is my three year old's jam. Along with that Ozuna song Baila baila baila.

I'm definitely getting the Rosalia album if that is it.

This is my three year old's jam. Along with that Ozuna song Baila baila baila.

I'm definitely getting the Rosalia album if that is it.

Haha - in the song, Rosalia is in a Panamera with roses on the dash and Camaron de la isla in the glove box (presumably not the vinyl 😂)

I'm saying it confirms Camaron (not Rosalia)

Damn that is a great clue if that's it. I'm super impressed that you figured it out so quick.

Pretty lucky - I actually googled Lorca + Panamera and a website breaking down Rosalia's lyrics in English came up. I was thinking the clues might apply to Lorca (I guess Rosalia references him too).

I've heard the Rosalia song multiple times before but had no idea that reference was there. The things you learn in the N&G guess threads.

Back