Needles & Grooves AotM///Vol. 32 February 2022/// The Faint - Wet From Birth

I'm hoping to be able to sit down with the album sometime tomorrow evening. I'm much more familiar with their previous 2 albums, so it'll be a nice fresh listen for me of a familiar band. Was going over the credits, and good to see Mike Mogis produced it which makes sense as he worked on pretty much everything coming out of SC back then. Also Nate Walcott(Bright Eyes) and Maria Taylor(Azure Ray) are on there too!

I'm hoping to be able to sit down with the album sometime tomorrow evening. I'm much more familiar with their previous 2 albums, so it'll be a nice fresh listen for me of a familiar band. Was going over the credits, and good to see Mike Mogis produced it which makes sense as he worked on pretty much everything coming out of SC back then. Also Nate Walcott(Bright Eyes) and Maria Taylor(Azure Ray) are on there too!
Nice! I am guessing you know that Todd Fink (Faint singer) is married to Orenda Fink of Azure Ray.

So this is the first record I've given a second spin all year so far thanks to my silly collection playthrough. About halfway through the first side a second time a few days after the first spin and my responses are nearly identical to the first time - a whole lot of "HOLY SHIT, THIS IS AWESOME!"

I feel like maybe I was rubbed the wrong way by my first few exposures to contemporary dance punk/new wave/electro-synth rock and never really explored the genre much because of it. Or perhaps I've matured my head out my ass? Either way, I'm thankful for this pick exposing me to this album because it is so up my alley in every possible way. I'm looking forward to giving it a bunch more time this month, as well as checking out the band's other albums.

Hopefully I'll have more articulate thoughts as I dive deeper because, for now, I can only really manage a lot of "fuck yeah!"

So this is the first record I've given a second spin all year so far thanks to my silly collection playthrough. About halfway through the first side a second time a few days after the first spin and my responses are nearly identical to the first time - a whole lot of "HOLY SHIT, THIS IS AWESOME!"

I feel like maybe I was rubbed the wrong way by my first few exposures to contemporary dance punk/new wave/electro-synth rock and never really explored the genre much because of it. Or perhaps I've matured my head out my ass? Either way, I'm thankful for this pick exposing me to this album because it is so up my alley in every possible way. I'm looking forward to giving it a bunch more time this month, as well as checking out the band's other albums.

Hopefully I'll have more articulate thoughts as I dive deeper because, for now, I can only really manage a lot of "fuck yeah!"
Very, very happy you enjoyed it! It gets better with time. Trust me, I’ve been jamming it for 18 years!

I liked the record a lot upon a first listen. I disappear, southern belles and dropkick the punks stood out on first listen ( the last maybe because of the German counting)

Back