Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

I don't see how this isn't Goodnight Rhonda Lee by Nicole Atkins. We got gifs of a sleepwalker and someone drinking heavily, and two songs on this legitimate 4th album are Sleepwalking and A Night Of Serious Drinking.

As for thinking it's the Angel Olsen album which is not her legitimate 4th album but @Teeeee will allow collaborations to count as an album... c'mon now... c'mon. You don't think @Teeeee is the master of misdirection? C'mon.

Album Zero: Thread Opened May 17; Correct Guess Made May 20 on Page 4
Album One: Thread Opened May 31; Correct Guess Made June 11 on Page 23
Album Two: Thread Opened July 1; Correct Guess Made July 9 on Page 29
Album Three: Thread Opened July 31; Frontrunner Made on August 5 on Page 34

I didn't calculate the number of guesses before the correct one was made because I can only procrastinate from my work project for so long, but the page numbers give maybe a rough idea?
Interesting! It looks like only Lou Reed made it more than a week without it being guessed.
This also highlights how little of a chance I have of stumping everyone lol.

I don't see how this isn't Goodnight Rhonda Lee by Nicole Atkins. We got gifs of a sleepwalker and someone drinking heavily, and two songs on this legitimate 4th album are Sleepwalking and A Night Of Serious Drinking.

As for thinking it's the Angel Olsen album which is not her legitimate 4th album but @Teeeee will allow collaborations to count as an album... c'mon now... c'mon. You don't think @Teeeee is the master of misdirection? C'mon.

I just don’t want to be guilty of pumping my own guess up, but I agree. There are other smaller hints Teee has dropped that fit that too.

This is much more likely imo. My Woman was one of the most acclaimed indie rock albums of 2016 and @Teeeee has somewhat suggested the album that was picked is lesser known.

Interesting! It looks like only Lou Reed made it more than a week without it being guessed.
This also highlights how little of a chance I have of stumping everyone lol.

In my defense, I only had two weeks to pick a record, a few hints and help to guess the AoTM. It hurts to remember that Christobee guessed the right album only three days after (even if, actually, he guessed both volumes when my pick was volume one only, so IN FACT nobody guessed the right AOTM).

Thank you.

In my defense, I only had two weeks to pick a record, a few hints and help to guess the AoTM. It hurts to remember that Christobee guessed the right album only three days after (even if, actually, he guessed both volumes when my pick was volume one only, so IN FACT nobody guessed the right AOTM).

Thank you.
Really, I guessed it on the first day with Paula, right? But you recognized the insanity of setting a standard of having your album guessed on the first day. So you quickly pivoted to Mark dCL.

tenor[1].gif

Thank you.
You can take solace in the fact that Heritage was a great pick that made a lot of folks happy by an artist that provided a great AMA!

giphy[7].gif

may i ask where this was

not just because i prefer angel olsen to nicole atkins but because i wanna know
Well, hopefully @Teeeee won't hate me for breaking the NDA I signed, but she said a while ago in the JQBX she was glad the album hadn't been guessed yet because that meant the album wasn't as well known. I can't give you an accurate time of when she said that unfortunately but I took that to mean it was something that wasn't as widely known as Angel Olsen

I totally agree that this is it.

Back