Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

YAS! Nightwish at #1.

Serious question - is Taylor Momsen taken seriously in the metal world? Is The Pretty Reckless considered good or are they popular because they have someone from Gossip Girl in it?

Probably popular in younger demographics. Older metalheads - nah. They also aren’t metal FWIW, not like it matters.

As far as badass women breaking through in “trve” metal and actually doing a fantastic job (in a genre that is VERY sparse on women no less), I just came across Asagraum. Not bad at all second-wave style Black Metal:

What I’m digging about the Angel Olsen album - from what I’ve listened to so far - is similar to one of the things I liked about the Khemmis album: the variety. I’m feeling synth pop, to indie rock (the second song could be a Snail Mail song), to rock and roll, to grunge, to folk/country and so on and so forth, all while maintaining her own vibe and voice. It’s super cool! I hope it’s the album of the month, but if it isn’t, I’m REALLY happy I bought it and can’t wait to hear more!

Well, since I posted a Babymetal video on Goatfish’s guess thread (and we gotta talk about Jinjer soon!), it’s only fair I post an electro pop J-Pop video here. There may or may not be a fight with a polar bear in it

I always remember the episode of American Dad! where they played a Perfume song lol

Album Zero: Thread Opened May 17; Correct Guess Made May 20 on Page 4
Album One: Thread Opened May 31; Correct Guess Made June 11 on Page 23
Album Two: Thread Opened July 1; Correct Guess Made July 9 on Page 29
Album Three: Thread Opened July 31; Frontrunner Made on August 5 on Page 34

I didn't calculate the number of guesses before the correct one was made because I can only procrastinate from my work project for so long, but the page numbers give maybe a rough idea?

Back