Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol 26 -August 2021 /// TEENAGE FANCLUB “Grand Prix” 1995

Oh well...

Shall give it a go but won’t rush!

It’s mildly entertaining and worth a watch if you’re into that period of music but it’s also a bit shit at the same time. To be honest all those “Sky Originals” films that they’ve been releasing to fill in their Sky Cinema schedule while films have been delayed due to cinemas being shut have been a bit wank.

Last edited:
Thirteen -1993

The ghost of grunge still about , but gradually the 60’s jangle pop starts coming thru ...Production a bit limp on this one , but some little gems about as usual ...120 mins, Escher, Tears are Cool, Norman 3...special mention to the final track Gene Clark which out grunges Neil Young for a few minutes ..signs of life to come but this is a difficult third album , sandwiched between Bandwagonesque and Grand Prix it suffers in comparison..but it’s the cult Teenage Fanclub album ...exit a drummer, and enter a great producer ...

Grand Prix Progress

It’s a slow start , but, Hang On , there’s something coming thru the Radio , the pits have come up with a new strategy , Cabbage Fuel , smells funky , but it might pay off ....hope they don’t have a Fear of Flying ..as we are off to....

mansell verdict

Solid drive , signs of maturity , enter Sony , and a big budget into F1 territory ..it’s all to play for Murray

FAF16FCB-658F-4A8B-AE21-6C9A7F331B29.jpeg

Holy Fuck! @jaycee guessed this a bit too early…
Teenage Fanclub: Grand Prix

Clue #1: check
Clue #2: check
Clue #3 Cuddle Dog: Sparky's Dream, track 2
Clue #4 Cars 95: Race car on album cover, 1995 year album was released
Clue #5 Office Space: Don't Look Back, track 4
Clue #6 Disco Demolition Night : Discolite, track 8

Great pick if this happens to be it.
This was his guess was from May 2020 Kendra Morris Thread.

Last edited:
I haven't had a proper sitdown with the album yet, but have streamed it during periods of housework, driving and other goings-on that don't make for the most in-depth listen but "Neil Jung" seems to command my attention every time, no matter what else is going on. I've enjoyed my cursory listens overall, but that definitely seems to be the standout track for my pre- deep dive.

Back