Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol 26 -August 2021 /// TEENAGE FANCLUB “Grand Prix” 1995

All of the research I’ve done says these are top 3 and, from comments, I’m guessing he will pick these too. When I discover a new album I love - of course, I immediately want to wormhole!
In either order is fine: more of the same = Songs; bit more grungey = Bandwagon. Both are amazing.

I’m not @Gavaxeman but I’d go Songs From Northern Britain and Bandwagonesque in that order.
@Gavaxeman - what would you rank as their 2nd and 3rd best album? I can only handle 3 at a time!

For me

2nd - Songs from Northern Britain - very much Grand Prix part 2 - but on its day very much the equal - and occasionally better depending on my mood

3rd - I also really like Howdy! - doesn’t get a lot of love but it’s another super album

Thanks for asking and glad your enjoying

I’ll pick this thread up at some point with …

What the Fannies did next

For me

2nd - Songs from Northern Britain - very much Grand Prix part 2 - but on its day very much the equal - and occasionally better depending on my mood

3rd - I also really like Howdy! - doesn’t get a lot of love but it’s another super album

Thanks for asking and glad your enjoying

I’ll pick this thread up at some point with …

What the Fannies did next
Howdy! Is great.

I’m not @Gavaxeman but I’d go Songs From Northern Britain and Bandwagonesque in that order.
Would agree.

On top of that, “Dumb Dumb Dumb” from ‘Howdy’ is well up my list of my favourite songs by anyone ever.

There’s a b-side called “Broken” (‘Songs From…’ era, I’m sure) that’s wonderful.

Of the later albums I’d recommend ‘Man Made’.

Would agree.

On top of that, “Dumb Dumb Dumb” from ‘Howdy’ is well up my list of my favourite songs by anyone ever.

There’s a b-side called “Broken” (‘Songs From…’ era, I’m sure) that’s wonderful.

Of the later albums I’d recommend ‘Man Made’.
The cover of He’d be a Diamond is great too, but not on Spotify when I checked.

The cover of He’d be a Diamond is great too, but not on Spotify when I checked.
There are some great covers across the ‘GP’ and ‘SFNB’ singles! Their version of Yo La Tengo’s “I Heard You Looking” (on the “Neil Jung” single, I think) is really good.

I finally have a copy of this headed my way - I found a seller in California that had a Sun Ra release I was looking for priced at about 1/3 what the cheapest one on Discogs would run me. They happened to have a copy of Grand Prix in their "creased and bent corners" discounted section for $12.74 and no additional shipping cost to what I was already paying. I imagine it'll be at least another 3 weeks before it gets here, but better late than never!

Back