Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

I didn't ask for it and it came out of the jacket, but this is the way GZ/Pirates Press does it for a lot of bands. It's cheaper to not put the records in the jacket or to seal them - the savings is past on to you.
Plus you receive a free sleeve with the record.
Wish all companies would do this.

Oh yeah, mine arrived like this as well. 👍

Spinning mine now and just found the lyric book.
Gonna be a great next spin. 😁

Hi!!! CRJ did slay me. I was dehydrated for 2 days afterwards. Not because of alcohol but because when you fill a building with a sold out crowd of mostly gay men, put CRJ on stage in front of them, make sure it is the hottest day of the summer, the A/C becomes inadequate. It was so hot, I sweat every single drop of hydration out of me. I then left the next morning for vacation. Just checking in because I knew @Goatfish was announcing!

Yes, Khemmis! I'll be ordering it today. As well as a few copies of my AOTM pick. Whomever guesses it correctly gets one of these copies.

Khemmis is coming to DC. Or is there while I'm away on vacay? I don't remember. But if it hasn't passed, I'll see if I can make the show. @Goatfish - your write up was stunning. And I'm now terrified to try to even come close when I have to write mine up.

Hi!!! CRJ did slay me. I was dehydrated for 2 days afterwards. Not because of alcohol but because when you fill a building with a sold out crowd of mostly gay men, put CRJ on stage in front of them, make sure it is the hottest day of the summer, the A/C becomes inadequate. It was so hot, I sweat every single drop of hydration out of me. I then left the next morning for vacation. Just checking in because I knew @Goatfish was announcing!

Yes, Khemmis! I'll be ordering it today. As well as a few copies of my AOTM pick. Whomever guesses it correctly gets one of these copies.

Khemmis is coming to DC. Or is there while I'm away on vacay? I don't remember. But if it hasn't passed, I'll see if I can make the show. @Goatfish - your write up was stunning. And I'm now terrified to try to even come close when I have to write mine up.

Sounds like an awesome time! I missed CRJ in Cincy because I was coincidentally enough seeing Khemmis in Lexington that weekend! One of my other metalhead buddies went to CRJ and got a pic with her and it made his year.

Khemmis was already in DC and they only have 3 more dates for this tour but I'm sure they'll be back.

Thank you for your kind words, I can't wait to see what's in store for next month and I know you will do fantastic with your write up since your passion is infectious!

Sounds like an awesome time! I missed CRJ in Cincy because I was coincidentally enough seeing Khemmis in Lexington that weekend! One of my other metalhead buddies went to CRJ and got a pic with her and it made his year.

Khemmis was already in DC and they only have 3 more dates for this tour but I'm sure they'll be back.

Thank you for your kind words, I can't wait to see what's in store for next month and I know you will do fantastic with your write up since your passion is infectious!
Carly is metal af.

Hey @Goatfish, at the risk of ruining the perfection of this thread, as identified by @Teeeee , I was wondering if there was any plan for pasting your great write up at the beginning of the thread too? Like how Murfocakes and Skalap did? It’s just a lot easier to get to that way! If there has been a decision made to not do that or it’s not practical or there’s a link my phone isn’t letting me hit for some reason, please ignore me/delete this and jam to the perfection of the Carly Rae.

Hey @Goatfish, at the risk of ruining the perfection of this thread, as identified by @Teeeee , I was wondering if there was any plan for pasting your great write up at the beginning of the thread too? Like how Murfocakes and Skalap did? It’s just a lot easier to get to that way! If there has been a decision made to not do that or it’s not practical or there’s a link my phone isn’t letting me hit for some reason, please ignore me/delete this and jam to the perfection of the Carly Rae.

Done!

Had to delete the hints to make room for under the character limit, but it's there now.

Other question for you (sort of like a Storf AMA but you know what you’re talking about! 😜):

In pop and RHH, a producer is very important to the success of a particular album. Even in the realm of more punk stuff, a producer can have a large impact on the band’s sound. For example, Nirvana was UNHAPPY with the cleanliness and poppiness in the Nevermind mix (but one could argue that was a large part of their success). Are there particularly legendary producers in the heavy metal field? This Dave Otero fella seems to be involved in bands you like a lot - Khemmis and Visigoth - but is that just a factor of taste and happenstance? Woo, sorry, this question is getting away from me...are there producers in the heavy metal scene where if they are involved in a project, you automatically check them out?

I've been digging this album. The first time I listened to it, a couple weeks back when it was just one of the frontrunner guesses, the clean vocals turned me off a bit, as I found them a little too...operatic, and Dream Theater-y? i.e., the main thing I disliked about certain metal. But over repeated listens it's grown on me, and I really dig the guitar work. (The second thing that really turns me off some metal is when the guitar tone sounds like shit, and these certainly do not!) Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Goatfish.

Back