Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

Just ordered the other 2 albums off of 20 Buck Spin - before I even started this one up.

Khemmis ‎– Hunted
20 Buck Spin ‎– Spin076, 2016/2018

Silver Inside Electric Blue w/ White Splatter variant

Pressed at GZ

bE0HXF.jpg

JxBijS.jpg

6C20354B-0857-4DC2-9902-1280102C7D34.jpeg

I just finished spinning Hunted for probably the first time this year and man it is just the right level of proggy doom. It’s the perfect gateway to Metal selection. Kudos to @Goatfish once again on the pick. Though I already owned Hunted, this ROTM directly lead to me purchasing 3 Metal albums (potentially 4 as I am really digging what I have heard from the upcoming Monolord release). Bravo!

Last edited:
Great timing - Khemmis and Ossuarium arrived in today's mail from 20 Buck Spin.
20BuckSpin1.jpg
Standard black vinyl (this is metal, not adult contemporary), $15.99 for Khemmis, $14.99 for Ossuarium, brand new records, neither are represses, both come in poly outer sleeves and the records are housed in poly-in-paper inner sleeves so they don't get scratched. Shipping cost was $5.00. Records were shipped outside the outer sleeves so there were no seam splits. The shipping box is an Amazon-style box that resists corner damage. The records are perfectly flat.
20BuckSpin2.jpg
This was my first purchase from 20 Buck Spin. It won't be my last. Quality and excellent service don't have to cost a ton of money.

Just finished spinning Khemmis - great pick, @Goatfish !

Great timing - Khemmis and Ossuarium arrived in today's mail from 20 Buck Spin.
View attachment 12228
Standard black vinyl (this is metal, not adult contemporary), $15.99 for Khemmis, $14.99 for Ossuarium, brand new records, neither are represses, both come in poly outer sleeves and the records are housed in poly-in-paper inner sleeves so they don't get scratched. Shipping cost was $5.00. Records were shipped outside the outer sleeves so there were no seam splits. The shipping box is an Amazon-style box that resists corner damage. The records are perfectly flat.
View attachment 12229
This was my first purchase from 20 Buck Spin. It won't be my last. Quality and excellent service don't have to cost a ton of money.

Just finished spinning Khemmis - great pick, @Goatfish !
Did you ask or do they automatically ship the records outside the jacket?

Mine was shipped outside and I didn’t ask. Now, did I inadvertently check/not check a box about this option? *shrug*

Metal labels usually are great about poly liners and shipping outside. Metalheads are picky about our physical copies.

20BS is top notch, and they are CRUSHING IT with their releases for the past 2+ years.

My new favorite thing to do after work, as of this week:

(1) eat supper

(2) pour glass of Topo Chico with crushed ice

(3) listen to Khemmis followed immediately by...

(4) “In a sentimental mood” by Coltrane and Ellington

After that emotional journey, the day’s worries have faded and tomorrow’s anxieties are held at bay.

My brain works weird

I don’t recall, but someone I ordered from recently asked, and I haven’t ordered much lately.
Mine was shipped outside and I didn’t ask. Now, did I inadvertently check/not check a box about this option? *shrug*
It coulda been an option with 20BS. I would have said yes to that option.

Back