Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 19 - January 2021 /// Tim Hecker - Radio Amor

@Skalap has told me directly that he decided because of how expensive the shipping cost would be that i should give it to someone in the US...

and so i did a random name generator entirely based on only US members and @gaporter has won.. if you want verification i can give it to you (i also offered though that i could buy it from an EU store and ship it to him if he really wanted since a lot of people really wanted him to get it)
Capture.PNG

@Skalap has told me directly that he decided because of how expensive the shipping cost would be that i should give it to someone in the US...

and so i did a random name generator entirely based on only US members and @gaporter has won.. if you want verification i can give it to you (i also offered though that i could buy it from an EU store and ship it to him if he really wanted since a lot of people really wanted him to get it)
View attachment 79807
If detective @Skalap truly passes, then I would be honored to claim the free record. ☺️ thank you so much, dukey! I wish I had participated more in the thread itself, I kept up with it but didn't post as much as I would have liked. but you did a great job as thread runner and your clues were awesome! I'm certain I will love the AOTM.

I have only heard samples of Tim Hecker's work in the past but have enjoyed what I've heard... plus we are kinda twins when it comes to music taste in a lot of areas so our overlap leads me to trust whatever record you would pick 💙

View attachment 79807

Thank you @BjorgenFjorgen (I knew it would have been a mistake to put you on ignore :p ) and @dhodo for mentioning me and of course @duke86fan for offering the opportunity to have the AotM shipped to me. It happens that I gave a check on Tim Hecker's Bandcamp and shipping to France alone is more or less the price the record would cost me to have from an EU seller.

It's better and more convenient if an US forumer gets the record so it's all yours @gaporter <3

Interesting Good choice.

I drifted off into oblivion to this - Occasionally getting hints of other Artists. Woke up to Careless Whisper - Which no doubt is a Album Highlight. Gonna go back when im not nearly as exhausted. Although I am quite partial to drifting off to albums like this.

Perfect way to end a day.

Last edited:
also if radio amor grabs you.. definitely try out ravedeath, harmony in ultraviolet, and virgins.. i also almost considered doing mirages instead (an album that is very underrated in his catalog) but it was sold out on bandcamp
Ravedeath yes. Personally, I like the more recent Konoyo as second fiddle to Ravedeath. I kept feeling like @gaporter was the best possible recipient, here.

Listening to this album for the first time now and I am digging the vibe. It doesn't sound like the soundtrack to a Silent Hill game, but it reminds me of one, if that makes any sense.

I'm curious if Bandcamp Friday will continue into next year. I might pick this up in early January.

Listening to this album for the first time now and I am digging the vibe. It doesn't sound like the soundtrack to a Silent Hill game, but it reminds me of one, if that makes any sense.

I'm curious if Bandcamp Friday will continue into next year. I might pick this up in early January.
tbh i really like the comparison to silent hill (i need to play silent hill one day i just never really had a playstation as my family was rich enough for the nintendo). i do understand it does have a very dark and eerie atmosphere at places but i also felt like it was in a weird way kinda beautiful

tbh i really like the comparison to silent hill (i need to play silent hill one day i just never really had a playstation as my family was rich enough for the nintendo). i do understand it does have a very dark and eerie atmosphere at places but i also felt like it was in a weird way kinda beautiful
Exactly, I'm not thinking of the parts where you're running like hell from monsters, but instead the moments in between where you're all alone in a ghost town enshrouded by fog. A bit foreboding, but also a sense of loneliness.

I'm not sure what consoles you can find the games on these days. There might be ports of some of the older games on current consoles like the Switch. I only played the first three.

@duke86fan I'm going to order this title very soon. I only have Love Streams by Hecker; how does this one compare in your opinion?
love streams is a fairly different album... this is a lot more focused on field recordings and noisy textures, radio amor is probably a much more pretty and less droning album overall and love streams is more of a heavy blast of drones and choirs

love streams is a fairly different album... this is a lot more focused on field recordings and noisy textures, radio amor is probably a much more pretty and less droning album overall and love streams is more of a heavy blast of drones and choirs
Ok cool...looking forward to this one!

I was honestly surprised since it was not supposed to come until the 19th

Tell us how you think of it
it's by far the fastest i've gotten a package in about a month and a half, but hey I'm not complaining

and it is definitely on the vinyl backlog! i havent been spinning as much recently but i'm looking to change that soon. my first priority will be to spin my Santa @Joe Mac gifts and then the AOTM will have it's time to shine 😍

I haven’t been in the forum much lately due to general busyness and life (work) stuff. But I bought this record today from bandcamp and I’m streaming it now. I love it! It’s definitely got a vibe that I dig and will listen to this one repeatedly. Thanks for the swell selection, and I’m sorry again I couldn’t participate more during the guessing!

Back