Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 18 - December 2020 /// Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook – Mustt Mustt

Well, congratulations Team, you have guessed the AoTM this month too.

This month the winner is @Jan and if he’s looking in the post he probably has already received the copy of the album.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook – Mustt Mustt – Real World record – 1990

a short review and pick write up is available in page 1 (here)

This month the winner is @Jan and if he’s looking in the post he probably has already received the copy of the album.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook – Mustt Mustt – Real World record – 1990

Thank you for this great pick. I spent some time listening to the album this morning and I am happy to have to add this record to my collection. It such a great introduction to this artist I was totally unfamiliar with. As @gafacaode, I definitely see how it sounds a bit like Camaron. I feel like they have a lot in common and the more I'll listen to Mustt Mustt the more I'll love the music.

and here's the clues "explained", in case you needed it:
Clues:

1-Eddie Vedder/Bill Murray
Eddie Vedder – collaborated with Nusrat for the movie Dead Man Walking

2-Gonjasufi/Gil Scott Heron
Gonjasufi – Nusrat was a sufi

3-Peter Gabriel/Sting
Peter Gabriel – Funded Real World, the album label

4-Italia 90
1990 – the album year release date (it became popular around 1991 – peaked at #14 on Billboard in June)

5-Massive Attack
Remixed the title track (also included in the album)

5 1/2-The game
The Game – title of a song in the album

6-Bollywood
Nusrat worked for several Bollywood movies soundtracks

7-Iarla O Lionairs (the Gloaming)
Iarla also worked with Michael Brooks, and appears on the same label Real World

8-Brian Eno
With Daniel Lanois worked with Michael Brook

9-Jeff Buckley
Considered Nusrat “his” personal Elvis and was inspired by the use of his voice when recording Grace.

You Were so wrong. The Postman Rang 15 min after I read this post.
Thanks a lot @panino

Anybody got leads on where to get this stateside?

UPC number is 0884108005613, if it can help.

Yeah, ebay seems to be the lowest price. There are different sellers, but the link Skalap provided works. I found a place called BES vinyl, but they charge shipping: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: Mustt Mustt (Vinyl LP) I've also never heard of them (not that it means anything), but they have a large inventory it seems. Amazon has a listing for a little over $30.

The Realworld store lists it for something like £15, but then shipping to the US is £17.

I went with an ebay seller. They have a few in stock: NUSRAT FATEH ALI KHAN MUSTT MUSTT NEW VINYL 884108005613 | eBay

Cheers

Yeah, ebay seems to be the lowest price. There are different sellers, but the link Skalap provided works. I found a place called BES vinyl, but they charge shipping: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: Mustt Mustt (Vinyl LP) I've also never heard of them (not that it means anything), but they have a large inventory it seems. Amazon has a listing for a little over $30.

The Realworld store lists it for something like £15, but then shipping to the US is £17.

I went with an ebay seller. They have a few in stock: NUSRAT FATEH ALI KHAN MUSTT MUSTT NEW VINYL 884108005613 | eBay

Cheers
Amazon also has lower ones, Movie Mars for about $25 shipped and then the Amazon listing for $25 but it is showing delivery mid December.

You can also order from juno.co.uk for about $25 shipped.

Isn't the £17 cheaper though?

Edit: oh you meant shipping alone, dang.

Such a great album - the first N&G AOTM I already owned. He's got a great (and huge) discography to explore - if people are looking for more, both Shahen-Shah and Live at WOMAD 1985 have had recent reissues and are well worth checking out.

did you check RealWorld store?

from here I get automatically directed to the UK store, I assume you'll have an equivalent US store.

On amazon.com is around 30USD.
Have you tried some local webstore or on discogs?
Didn’t see any on Amazon and real world auto directed me to the uk site.

okay ordered from EBay.

ynGWInE.gif

Back