Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 18 - December 2020 /// Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook – Mustt Mustt

I want to hear more about this tragic story. This sounds like something from the magic realism era of Italian film
after an exciting month as the official 1990 world cup mascot, Ciao found itself cast aside due to the extremely poor response from the public. T-shirts, plastic figurines, teddy bears and stickers lay unsold well after Germany celebration of the victory.
The italians obviously, due to the failure of reaching the final (damn Caniggia!), also removed any memory of this badly designed mascot and moved on.
Ciao ended up accepting any kind of job.... advertising second rate hams, car dealers, floor cleaning products and a chain of car washes.
The last remaining advertising poster was at the rest area 22 on the busy Milano-Varese motorway, and it was left to rot after the car wash company folded.
Ciao jumped off from the viaduct above the Lambro river on the 27th February 1991.
Unfortunately, and it pains me to say this, his life has NOT been celebrated since, apart from a brief moment as a special edition Fiat Panda (poor sales, very few units produced, not even valuable today as a rarity item).
1605171794738.png
adieu Ciao, you have been misunderstood.

So I’m now 99% certain that this album involves, or is by, this fella

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan​

I’m going to guess

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Mustt Mustt(Massive Attack Remix)​

or the full album and not just the remix

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Michael Brook - Mustt Mustt​

I’m going to guess

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Mustt Mustt(Massive Attack Remix)​

or the full album and not just the remix

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Michael Brook - Mustt Mustt​

i guessed this earlier , but what about the last hint confirmed it for you. I don´t see the connection

i guessed this earlier , but what about the last hint confirmed it for you. I don´t see the connection

I knew it was on real world. Indian clue narrowed the search down enough that I was able to go though the music attributed to artists from the Indian sub-continent on the real world site and this seems to fit all the boxes.

Didn’t see your guess.

If it is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Michael Brook - Mustt Mustt then we must start considering @panino and @Joe Mac are the same person (like @Lee Newman and @storf are (well...no Storf around here)). Two Dubliners picking two records from the same label Real World? Coincidence? I don't think so...

I’ve met @panino briefly, and memorably, to give him a record and witness a crazy man with road rage. True story.

Edit: to clarify, @panino wasn’t the crazy man with road rage, that was the other fella!

Last edited:
Back