Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 11 - May 2020 /// Kendra Morris - Mockingbird

some other cool shit kendra morris has done/been involved with:

she was on a FuseTV 'reality' show called 'Redemption Song'. she hated it and eliminated herself after a few weeks.

-----

wax poetics records signed kendra and released her debut album 'Banshee' in 2012.

-----

kendra's version of 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' got a bit of exposure from being used in the promo trailers for the movie 'Dead Man Down'

-----

she was part of a group called 'the singles' with scarlett johansson, holly miranda, and julia haltigan. este haim also played with them.

well, little-known but established l.a. band 'the singles' didn't like the name infrigement, so kendra's 'the singles' got a c&d order. kendra & co. went on to dub themselves 'sugar for sugar' and released a cover of new order's bizarre love triangle for an amfAR compilation 'The Time Is Now'.

kendra self-released her album 'Babble', and for 50 vinyl copies of the record handmade the photo collages on the album covers herself.

-----

she directed and animated the video for czarface & mf doom's 'bomb thrown'. she also found time to perform on the track. kendra has directed/animated a few other videos as well.

she's on quite a few czarface tracks. her 'Babble' song Wizard's Float - one of my personal favorite songs of hers - is sampled on Czarface Meets Ghostface's song The King Heard Voices.

-----

kendra performed with big freedia in march on the wendy williams show.

-----

to combat the suckiness and boredom onset of covid quarantining, kendra has been frequently doing 'karaoke happy hour' nights on her instagram page using a flashy, fancy h8 karaoke mic.

check her insta page - she's doing one tonight!

it's ok. again, my goal was to not have the album be identified early because my hope was that we'd get a lot of members to participate in guessing so that someone could win a record. if it was guessed in the first week, then what? we'd have maybe 10-15 people in the pool? we ended up with 41! that's awesome to me. i *was* actively hoping someone would get it over these last few days, but i stuck to my schedule (save for adding clue #19) i had planned on for the roll-out.
that sounds very nice and fun... i guess i am just more used to the hype of "oh my god its this"..

kendra self-released her album 'Babble', and for 50 vinyl copies of the record handmade the photo collages on the album covers herself.

-----

she directed and animated the video for czarface & mf doom's 'bomb thrown'. she also found time to perform on the track. kendra has directed/animated a few other videos as well.

she's on quite a few czarface tracks. her 'Babble' song Wizard's Float is sampled on Czarface Meet's Ghostface's song The King Heard Voices.

-----

kendra performed with big freedia in march on the wendy williams show.

-----

to combat the suckiness and boredom onset of covid quarantining, kendra has been frequently doing 'karaoke happy hour' nights on her instagram page using a flashy, fancy h8 karaoke mic.

check her insta page - she's doing one tonight!

well, good gaddamn.

i support the artist.. but is there any other albums by her that aren't all covers... the cover album is not doing anything for me

i did exactly that. :D

on another note, when i first contacted her at the end of february, she mentioned she was going to be touring the midwest in mid-may, which timing-wise would have been nice! i was real excited about the potential that some members would actually be able to go to a show and connect with her there.
I mean, the record I hope to use for my pick when it comes around is not in my Discogs, I’ve never posted about it anywhere and I don’t believe it shows up in my last.fm data.

Great work @AndySlash hope to pick this up soon.
just When i am trying to economise and reduce my spending haha.
God i actually googled Albums titled “Mockingbird” after your last clue asuming you were offering a big reveal, got little help and quickly gave up.....little knowing i was onto somthing.
Probably the closest ive come without actually being anywhere near hahaha.

Anyone seen this under £35 in the UK ?

Back