N&G Secret Santa

Sorry to hear about the pressing issues but happy to hear that they got there safely!! Enjoy Dukey!
definitely still enjoying the albums... the problem is more that the pressing plant CT chose wasn't the greatest...

Just want to say thanks to the fine folks who coordinated this whole thing. It's a tradition I'm glad we were able to carry over, and it made my holiday season that much more festive. :)
completely agree.. i hope we can keep these happening yearly (and hope you enjoyed the HANL record i gave you)

It rules!
i had a bunch of other ideas like giving you godspeed, giving you freddie gibbs and madlib, giving you earl sweatshirt, etc. but either they were aparently horrible pressings or were too expensive (pinata alone would have costed 20 and even more if i actually did give you the newbury comics version)

Just want to say thanks to the fine folks who coordinated this whole thing. It's a tradition I'm glad we were able to carry over, and it made my holiday season that much more festive. :)
agreed, thanks all! and just for @gouis, your favorite- a meme gif react 😄
yayomg-adventure-time-marceline-2.gif
giphy.gif

My wife has only the best intentions and she received my Secret Santa gift, thought it was something I bought for myself, wrapped it up and stuck it under the tree!

ok this is fucking adorable and it warms my heart.

Update: wild nothings is amazing and sounds so lush on vinyl,

I can’t believe you haven’t listened to them! It def seems up your alley

Shout out to my Santa-Bro, @Ponman2003

I am still a good four hours away from my home staying another night with my mom, stepdad, sister, and nephew

I had just enough time to open the package you sent me before leaving the other day, very solid records and a very touching note, I wish I hadn’t been as frantic in my sending of things and had included a note or something as well. I am in awe of the Charlie Rouse album, I had been wanting it for a while and that self titled Black Sabbath album is a welcomed addition to my collection that I honestly should’ve had by now, thank you once again!

Hope you get yours soon!

As it turns out, someone hatched their own little plan for me for Secret Santa.
20191226_104851.jpg

Those who do not frequent the JQBX might wonder what makes this particular gift so special and meaningful and to them, all I can really say is, it's a long story. All you need to know is that we in the JQBX have certain icons that are associated with us and this is mine. But needless to say, it is a very heartwarming gift with an unbelievable amount of love and effort put into it. I opened it and was overwhelmed with warm and fuzzy feels and rushed to share it with the rest of the people in the JQBX, because it was too hard to contain my joy.

The sender has preferred to remain anonymous to the forum at large, although many of the JQBX crew will probably be able to guess who it is nonetheless.

Thank you once again @Jake! and [redacted]! You've made this Christmas something truly special, and have helped prove to me just how amazing this forum can be - although I already knew that 💙
20191227_000404.jpg

Dear Santa,

You're the best! Smashing Pumpkins was a huge gap in my collection (I, indeed, only have their greatest hits on CD) so your gift is an excellent opportunity for me to start giving more attention to their discography and both Siamese Dreams and Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness will soon be added to my want list. I must say that I don't know nothing about Angelo de Augustine but you say it was one of your favorite album of 2018 so I have no doubt that I will like this album too.

In both cases I am super happy since I never listened to this SP album and I don't know AdA. So in both cases I will discover some great music and it will certainly open me new "musical doors". So thank you very much Jeremy T.! Sorry for the stress and the time you spent browsing my Discogs collection. At least I hope you found something of your interest too!

❤❤❤

1577434161390.png

PS: who are you JT?

Last edited:
Santa must be mistaken. Tomb released in January 2019. That JT person must be a filthy pirate listening to things before release dates and then resolving his guilt by buying the physical medium or attending shows when possible. I bet he’s one of those rather annoying people who argues that piracy helps expose artists to people who would have otherwise never heard of them and actually increases their revenues.

Santa must be mistaken. Tomb released in January 2019. That JT person must be a filthy pirate listening to things before release dates and then resolving his guilt by buying the physical medium or attending shows when possible. I bet he’s one of those rather annoying people who argues that piracy helps expose artists to people who would have otherwise never heard of them and actually increases their revenues.

My Santaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Got back into town last night, and I'm leaving again after work today, but I stopped by the leasing office and picked up a box that I believe is from my santa (and, more specifically, @folsom_lives). I didn't have time to open it, so a follow up post and photo is forthcoming on Monday or Tuesday...but it arrived! As did my VMP records somehow, so all in all it was a pretty wild morning.

Back