N&G Secret Santa

HEY SANTEE!

Your box is going out on Tuesday!
I will then PM @gouis with the tracking number.

FOR THE RECORD: I ordered two of the same album (one for my Santee, one for me) from two different international sellers, one from Germany, one from France. The German one arrived in less than a week (the one I am sending to my Santee), and the French one is due to arrive on Thursday, two weeks from date of purchase.
Anyone ever track how long/quick it takes to ship from different countries of origin?

Santa, baby!!!

After collecting missed deliveries and notification slips going to my neighbours house, I am relieved to say that I have been truly blessed.

View attachment 25595

The Decemberists: We All Raise Our Voices To The Air

I love me some Decemberists. They played here a few years back and I was lucky enough to be sitting in the front row at Colin’s feet and I had a view very similar to this album cover. They played a lot of my favourites, covered one of my all time favourite Hoodoo Gurus songs and managed to squeeze in an abridged version of the album The Hazards Of Love as their first encore. It was an outstanding show and I’m looking forward to spinning this live cut.

Charles Bradley: No Time For Dreaming

I was also fortunate enough to see Charles Bradley perform at the Melbourne Zoo before he passed. The Screaming Eagle of Soul absolutely floored me that night with his presence and outpouring of love from the crowd and band made it a memory that will long stay with me.

I have come so close to buying both these albums at times but then usually FOMO got in the way and other, some notably less worthy albums made the cut before these did.

Thank you for your kind note too. I’m glad that we have a mutual taste in artists and you’ve selected two of your favourites.

Your name did appear on the note, which I won’t disclose here but it did not tell me your online handle. I could make some assumptions about who you are based on your name but as the old saying goes that would make an Ass of U and Mptions.

I wish you the merriest of Christmases, whoever you are. Thank you so, so much.

View attachment 25596

Hi,
i was a little worried that one of those was lost, but glad they finally made it to you and you enjoyed the picks. I had to pick favourites forom you list that were also availbable at Amazon Australia, Packing a package by myself and sending it over would have been nicer, but unfortunately shipping Costs were pohibitive.

Dear @gouis and @Colonel_Angus ...I would like @Matt M's daughter as my santa next year, thx
The way she's going, she may have her own collection by then. Really trying to get her interested in music. I love when we're listening in the car, and she just tells me to add something to her playlist. First couple records for her were Snail Mail and Lorde, and her loves are all over the place. Pretty great to see!

Santee, your parcel has been in the post office the last few days awaiting collection
Oh man, this has made me nervous now. I have had a few instances of having a parcel ready for collection but not having received the note to let me know. Apparently its too tricky to leave the note, even though I live down the road from the pick up point 🤣

Hi,
i was a little worried that one of those was lost, but glad they finally made it to you and you enjoyed the picks. I had to pick favourites forom you list that were also availbable at Amazon Australia, Packing a package by myself and sending it over would have been nicer, but unfortunately shipping Costs were pohibitive.
Thank you Jan.

I thought it was you based on your name but I then thought that you could also have been @Jango or then just some other random name.

I love your choices and so does my wife. You picked amazingly well considering the limited options available on Amazon Australia. I do understand about the costs of shipping and it definitely is too prohibitive. I found myself in a similar situation for my Santee.

Anyway. Thanks again, friend. I hope that you’re as happy with your Santa’s gift as I am with mine.

May your actual Christmas be joyous and merry with you surrounded by those that you love.

High five, good times.

If you haven't already gotten your gift package and you have a mail box near the top, bottom, right, or left border of your country, I would check that box today. :)

How about a game, my friends? If one solves this geographical riddle, one will be rewarded with their very own Santa package. All are welcome to play. May the best person win. Ready. Set. Go!

Back