N&G Secret Santa - 21

I received a package yesterday that I have to assume was from my Secret Santa. Whoever it is, thank you! I'm really intrigued by the Shabaka and the Ancestors record, I'm a big Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings fan, and Spooner Oldham is a legend. These will all get some spins!

SS.jpeg

I received a package yesterday that I have to assume was from my Secret Santa. Whoever it is, thank you! I'm really intrigued by the Shabaka and the Ancestors record, I'm a big Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings fan, and Spooner Oldham is a legend. These will all get some spins!

View attachment 120345
Glad they got there OK. Hope you enjoy them all. I felt like you had a lot of jazz but didn't spy any from the modern London scene. This also doubles as an album from Africa, another of my loves. I was v worried about the Sharon Jones as you seemed to have everything else by her, but this is absolutely one of my go-to Christmas albums. And finally I was at the Dan Penn-Spooner Oldham concerts (bizarrely enough they were supporting Nick Lowe, not headlining). They're the nicest guys and have written some of the greatest soul songs ever. Happy spinning, and Merry Christmas!

Glad they got there OK. Hope you enjoy them all. I felt like you had a lot of jazz but didn't spy any from the modern London scene. This also doubles as an album from Africa, another of my loves. I was v worried about the Sharon Jones as you seemed to have everything else by her, but this is absolutely one of my go-to Christmas albums. And finally I was at the Dan Penn-Spooner Oldham concerts (bizarrely enough they were supporting Nick Lowe, not headlining). They're the nicest guys and have written some of the greatest soul songs ever. Happy spinning, and Merry Christmas!
Yep, they arrived with no issues. Thanks again for the thoughtful batch of records, Merry Christmas!

I went shopping for my Santee today, I should get the package mailed by mid-week at the latest.

delivery-kick.gif

Aaaand... it's on it's way, Santee. Expected delivery next Monday.

Well two of mine shipped for my santee, but the other one didn't ship with them for some reason. Hopefully it won't be much longer and I can get them all out at once. I do have a back up plan though! :)

To my secret Santa: my wife said your shipment arrived safely and she wrapped it before I got home today and it’s now under the tree. Apparently that’s how it will go this year. I promise I will take a picture once it’s opened on Christmas morning!

For those shipping to/from the Pacific NW, I've noticed a general slow down of packages going in and out of the Seattle hub. Usually I don't have packages sit there, but I've had a few incoming and one outgoing hang up for a couple of days.

One incoming package got hung up coming out of Seattle, visited the next town over, when back up to Portland and now back down to Salem.

So the holiday shipping excitement has begun.

Back