N&G Secret Santa - 21

I’d like to out myself as @sarcasticfairyprincess ’ santa this year. I had some issues getting my original order to me (it got lost in the mail by USPS) and a second set of issues with my backup plan (mixup at a local shop plus my own life distractions). My third plan has officially been delivered according to tracking and I hope she enjoys them.

I would never purposefully take such a long time to get these out, and I just want to publicly apologize to her for the long wait. I kept her updated but maybe not as much as I should have. I’m not pleased that it took so long and I am very embarrassed.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and have had a great start to the new year❤️

Hey @Andy,

Last I checked I was told the shop was expecting your other album by the end of this month.
I've got my fingers crossed and my copy is still unopened in case I need to send it your way instead...

Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm sure the shop will sort it, you should enjoy your copy.

Floating Points / Pharaoh Sanders / London Symphony Orchestra - Promises
Doom and Madlib - Madvillain - Madvillainy

Finally! I had a super generous Secret Santa @ayayrawn who was forced to out himself before Christmas as my local wouldn't let him buy stuff from the US. He v kindly gave me some money and so I looked through his collection, and spotted these two. I didn't get on with the Floating Points in the beginning but then checked it out after spying it in his Discogs and slowly fell in love with it. Whereas Madvillain I've wanted for ages. I then ordered both for HHV but it took ages for them to come into stock so I only got them today. Thanks so much again @ayayrawn - so happy to have these records.

20220209_103229.jpg

@avecigrec This arrived today, I'm assuming it's from you? looks super interesting, can't wait to give it a spin. I've not heard of it before but definitely right up my street, just listened to bit online in between meetings, sounds great & loving the artwork. The perfect Santa gift.

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 12.31.53.png

@avecigrec This arrived today, I'm assuming it's from you? looks super interesting, can't wait to give it a spin. I've not heard of it before but definitely right up my street, just listened to bit online in between meetings, sounds great & loving the artwork. The perfect Santa gift.

View attachment 132504

Sweeeeeeeet! So glad I finally got a copy to you (I wound up canceling the original order and finding somewhere else that had a copy.)

This was a completely new discovery for me as well. I recall listening to it on the eve of it's release and seriously digging it, then remembering my perusal of your Discogs and figuring this would be something you would probably dig. I was excited by the prospect of getting you something SUPER fresh, but now here we are nearly four months later! 🤣

I'm going to finally crack open my own copy I've had on standby for you when I get home from work tonight.

Merry Christmas. Happy Spring!

Sweeeeeeeet! So glad I finally got a copy to you (I wound up canceling the original order and finding somewhere else that had a copy.)

This was a completely new discovery for me as well. I recall listening to it on the eve of it's release and seriously digging it, then remembering my perusal of your Discogs and figuring this would be something you would probably dig. I was excited by the prospect of getting you something SUPER fresh, but now here we are nearly four months later! 🤣

I'm going to finally crack open my own copy I've had on standby for you when I get home from work tonight.

Merry Christmas. Happy Spring!

thanks Santa!

Can’t The rest of us eh don’t live in Sunny LA get a bit of Summer weather in first before we scurry back to the cold grey skies?

Let's just go southern hemisphere style and choose to have the holidays in the middle of summer! (Seriously though, Argentine Christmas was awesome- huge barbecues and fireworks at night!)

Back