N&G Secret Santa 2023

Would you be interested in participating in Secret Santa this year?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Hell yeah, brother

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Is the Pope Catholic?

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No, I am the Grinch

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s finally time for Swamp to open his Secret Santa package!!!

IMG_7269.jpeg
We got baby Yoda holding down the surprise as best he can in wrapping paper form and a nice Xmas card. No clues or hints as to my Santa’s identity…

IMG_7270.jpeg

Dude!!!! I was so absolutely stoked when I opened these. DCFC was one of my favorite bands around the time Transatlantacism came out and I never picked it up on vinyl for some reason. And Blink 182 were also one of my favorite bands when this BCR album came out and I, if you’ll believe it, never listened to the full album for, also, some unknown reason. With DCFC and Blink both releasing solid new records in the last two years, this feels so nostalgic but also current in my fandom for those bands. Thank you, Santa*!!!!

*I would tag the posters I am suspecting based on the nickname (?) on the package but don’t want to tag anyone who wasn’t participating or miss tagging the actual Santa. 🎅🏼

Presents from Santa. Apologies to @duke86fan for apparently not having an up to date discogs as I believe I did have a copy of Nevermind

View attachment 191440
im sorry i didn't see it on your LP collection, otherwise I will perfectly send you a different album no problem and you can PIF that nevermind to someone here... i will gladly get another LP.. i was already scared it was a bit too generic a choice

I received these in the mail that I'm assuming are from my Secret Santa because there wasn't a note with any of them and don't recall ordering.IMG20231227181132.jpg

I haven't heard any of these albums so excited to dive in. I do recognize the Amen Dunes cover and recall several of you saying good things. Bully I'm not familiar with, saw this released this year so looking forward to hearing new music.

Thank you to whoever you are!

Also I have to come clean and tell everyone I sent my SS package after the cutout date, so I'm hoping it arrives soonish with them. 🙏

I received these in the mail that I'm assuming are from my Secret Santa because there wasn't a note with any of them and don't recall ordering.View attachment 191485

I haven't heard any of these albums so excited to dive in. I do recognize the Amen Dunes cover and recall several of you saying good things. Bully I'm not familiar with, saw this released this year so looking forward to hearing new music.

Also I have to come clean and tell everyone I sent my SS package after the cutout date, so I'm hoping it arrives soonish with them. 🙏
Whewwww, that Amen Dunes is one of my favorites of the last 10 years. Know that album like the back of my hand. Enjoy that!

IMG_5310.jpeg

Thank you Santa!!

Radiohead is my favorite band, but I was missing Hail to the Thief on vinyl. Santa fixed that and also gave me a Thom Yorke solo record. I haven’t ventured into his solo work (other than The Eraser when it first came out), so I’m very, very excited to give this a listen.

Also, Santa gave me an amazing typewritten letter.

Thanks Santa!!

View attachment 191384View attachment 191385@RoxCity
Thank you so much!! They arrived on the same day. I’ve been meaning to give Winchester a listen and NC band that’s obscure and psychedelic sounds perfect!!!
So glad this showed up! Kallabash Corp is one of my absolute favorite obscure NC releases. Took a bit of digging to find a clean copy sitting around in Greensboro! Wouldn't surprise me if sometime tries to reissue it at some point, especially now that Noble Records started their own reissue label.

Fortune Favors the Bold was close to #1 on my most listened list since it's release last year. I hope you enjoy these and thanks again for the patience!!

Thank you to @LeSamourai for the phenomenal Santee gift. Waited til Christmas Day to open and hit the road immediately after so just now having time to post.

The Cake LP has been a long awaited wishlist item and Sierra Ferrell is 100% in my wheelhouse. I look forward to giving these a proper spin very soon!
View attachment 191538

Glad you like them! Enjoy!

Well this was an incredible surprise to receive, and I can only assume I have @avecigrec to thank for it!

Not only did he get me a record highlighting Brazilian jazz, and a record highlighting Polish jazz, but now I also have one showcasing Swedish jazz.....and it is KILLER! I went in on this album completely blind, not ever hearing of the group before. Well, it seems as if this might be their debut release and going off what I hear on this album, they are one to watch. Absolutely amazing mix of spiritual, cosmic, post-bop and even a hint of folk. Stunning album from start to finish (I played it again as soon as it finished!)

Thank you so much again @avecigrec. A truly fantastic Secret Santa!

IMG_7228.JPGIMG_7230.JPG

Well this was an incredible surprise to receive, and I can only assume I have @avecigrec to thank for it!

Not only did he get me a record highlighting Brazilian jazz, and a record highlighting Polish jazz, but now I also have one showcasing Swedish jazz.....and it is KILLER! I went in on this album completely blind, not ever hearing of the group before. Well, it seems as if this might be their debut release and going off what I hear on this album, they are one to watch. Absolutely amazing mix of spiritual, cosmic, post-bop and even a hint of folk. Stunning album from start to finish (I played it again as soon as it finished!)

Thank you so much again @avecigrec. A truly fantastic Secret Santa!

View attachment 191576View attachment 191577
Is it Varen Arvar?

I received these in the mail that I'm assuming are from my Secret Santa because there wasn't a note with any of them and don't recall ordering.View attachment 191485

ayyyyyy that was me! The Bully record is my favorite of the year and the Amen Dunes one has stayed in rotation ever since it came out a long time ago. Hope you enjoy!

Are you my Santa??? 🎅🏼

a0f5ba6d-8171-4b66-9fd0-46c590842a98_text.gif

Back