N&G Secret Santa 2023

Would you be interested in participating in Secret Santa this year?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Hell yeah, brother

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Is the Pope Catholic?

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No, I am the Grinch

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep! They made it safe and sound! Love the “passing it on” idea to inspire Secret Santa gifts. Might have to steal that for next year.
For everyone else, the Slowdive record was my first SS gift (I think from @wokeupnew ?) and my wife is STILL obsessed with it. So I decided to keep the train going.

Thank you so much Santa @Rip_City!!! I’ll be wearing my new shirt today and can’t wait to spin these 3 amazing selections. Sorry it’s taken me a while to post this - we just got home late last night. View attachment 190685
And thank you to Santa’s administrator, @THEEDADROCK.BLOG for putting this all together!
I love the shirt! But I admit that I always do a tiny little double take of the image...because I've been on the internet for too long.

I should add one of these to my wishlist for the wife to get me. I tried to win one off Instagram last month to no luck.

Glad to see it got to you safely.

The Van was what was opened and wrapped in a bag in a box direct from Amazon, so it appears to have a little more sleeve wear than it should have. While it's not the new Rhino release, it still is the older Kevin Gray cut, so it sounds really good. The XTC was a leftover from last Secret Santa that I had to order a 2nd one because the first didn't arrive in time...but it is my favorite XTC album and I think more people should own it. And with as much Wilco as you have, you needed some Uncle Tupelo to go with it.
Catching up a bit. Glad to see another Santa spreading that XTC ho ho hell yea! Indeed, Apple Venus is great. I've got the recent vinyl REs of Apple Venus and Wasp Star but picked this up years ago and love it:

SANTA IS HERE

first thing I want to say is that you did a great job of packing, individually wrapped gifts in turntable lab shippers and an Amazon box to avoid damage (though the Amazon box for get hit a bunch of certain the records are safe)

PXL_20231218_162530488.jpg

Thanks for the KEXP keychain, the shows they have are awesome... And yes the marketplace bag was included
17029178400526726879849327371973.jpg

A fantastic album by the xx, probably one of the best debuts of the 2000s. And a new artist I never heard of before, but apparently according to the included note sounds similar to an act like the xx, and I do love electronic and dreamy landscapes

THANKS @cashew FOR THE FANTASTIC GIFTS,

SANTA IS HERE

first thing I want to say is that you did a great job of packing, individually wrapped gifts in turntable lab shippers and an Amazon box to avoid damage (though the Amazon box for get hit a bunch of certain the records are safe)

View attachment 190745

Thanks for the KEXP keychain, the shows they have are awesome... And yes the marketplace bag was included
View attachment 190747

A fantastic album by the xx, probably one of the best debuts of the 2000s. And a new artist I never heard of before, but apparently according to the included note sounds similar to an act like the xx, and I do love electronic and dreamy landscapes

THANKS @cashew FOR THE FANTASTIC GIFTS,

YAY! I’m glad everything arrived safe and sound. Happy holidays! I hope you like Jenn Champion! I had a lot of fun putting that package together (and it was a nice excuse to send more $ KEXP’s way, lol).

Santa arrived, and if I put the clues together @manonkouch "sleighed" it! Sigur Ros has been on my wantlist forever, and I was actually looking at the Pumpkins release yesterday at my local, so I'm glad I didn't get it there. Finally the collection of songs on the Cornell release is perfect, I had seen him on his last solo tour and a number of those were included in the setlist so this is a great companion to that memory.

This is a really nice set that goes from 0-11 sonically, so I'm looking forward to digging in.

Thank you so much!

IMG_5077.jpeg

Back