N&G Secret Santa 2022

cutting it close here, but getting to open this on christmas night, while watching a charlie brown christmas. not a bad way to end the evening:

31CA65CA-78F3-49DA-87DB-71D64DD002FF.jpeg

jon hopkins - music for psychedelic therapy
yoko ono - plastic ono band
baroness - purple

pretty fantastic collection of records here for me to explore, from bands/artists that i have never listened to but were often in my radar field due to other bands/artists i listened to. take notes vinyl clubs, this is what a truly curated-to-ones-tastes vinyl selection looks like.

@duke86fan i am looking very forward to experiencing these for the first time. i also appreciate the humorous touch of the note while also sharing with me some of your own deeply personal experiences and insight into why these records are important to you.

personally, i think secret santa is the best thing we do in our community and i have been so impressed and thankful with what we do for each other every year. keep being kind to each other and making our world a little bit better in your own way. happy holidays y’all.

cutting it close here, but getting to open this on christmas night, while watching a charlie brown christmas. not a bad way to end the evening:

View attachment 162152

baroness - purple

pretty fantastic collection of records here for me to explore, from bands/artists that i have never listened to but were often in my radar field due to other bands/artists i listened to. take notes vinyl clubs, this is what a truly curated-to-ones-tastes vinyl selection looks like.

@duke86fan i am looking very forward to experiencing these for the first time. i also appreciate the humorous touch of the note while also sharing with me some of your own deeply personal experiences and insight into why these records are important to you.

personally, i think secret santa is the best thing we do in our community and i have been so impressed and thankful with what we do for each other every year. keep being kind to each other and making our world a little bit better in your own way. happy holidays y’all.
Thank you very much for the kind words. I got to admit I was fidgeting a LOT when waiting to see this post and I'm very happy to see you are just as excited to hear these records as I am

Also if you ever plan to go deeper into these artists back catalog really check out these
John Hopkins: Immunity (pretty different from music for psychedelic therapies but I really feel like it's some of the best dance music I heard last decade..) but if you want something more like psychedelic therapies
"I Am the Center": Private Issue New Age Music in America, 1950-1990 (a LITA 3 LP compilation of pure new age moods without all the corporate nonsense the genre got associated with, also just super nice to hear while high.. especially the first disc)
Yoko Ono - Fly (goes deeper into the experimental territory, double album, if her wailing doesn't bother you it's certainly a great experiment)
Baroness - Yellow & Green (the more proggy double album they made before their tragic bus crash, less sluggy and riffy but great if you love headier stuff like tool)

Last edited:

View attachment 162152

baroness - purple

I’ve fallen asleep to that Jon Hopkins at least a hundred times this year

I want to apologize to my Santee because his package hasn't been delivered yet. It's on the way though, just taking more time than I expected (and I was damn late in shipping the package). I hope my Santee will receive everything in good shape as soon as possible. Forgive me Santee.

SANTA ARRIVED!!!!

D2501F9D-0F96-47D9-9A7E-6EA914DEC175.jpeg

Thank you so much @RoxCity! The package was definitely worth the wait :D

Love the North Carolina theme! Very excited to check out these two albums from artists I’ve never heard of before, that honestly my favorite part of these secret Santas!! The chocolate was also a very nice addition!

More Santa fire here for me!

20221228_215203.jpg

Santa sent it to the stratosphere with this one!

This particular album was not on my wantlist, but @Fillip J Phry saw that I liked Aesop Rock and sent me this one because of a personal connection to the album, not knowing that this is one of the top records on my "why don't I actually own this already?!" list. I've picked it up and put it down or added and removed it from carts SO MANY times - it is one of my most streamed albums of any artist/genre and my CD copy still sees heavy rotation in the car. After circling the Aesop Rock waters for a long time, this album finally had me dive in and dive in deep. I'm ecstatic to finally have this on the shelf, and the only reason I'm not spinning it tonight is because everyone else is in bed already and I want to properly crank it!

Thanks again Santa! 💜

I want to apologize to my Santee because his package hasn't been delivered yet. It's on the way though, just taking more time than I expected (and I was damn late in shipping the package). I hope my Santee will receive everything in good shape as soon as possible. Forgive me Santee.

Santee! According to *some country* post office, your package is out for delivery!

More Santa fire here for me!

View attachment 162390

Santa sent it to the stratosphere with this one!

This particular album was not on my wantlist, but @Fillip J Phry saw that I liked Aesop Rock and sent me this one because of a personal connection to the album, not knowing that this is one of the top records on my "why don't I actually own this already?!" list. I've picked it up and put it down or added and removed it from carts SO MANY times - it is one of my most streamed albums of any artist/genre and my CD copy still sees heavy rotation in the car. After circling the Aesop Rock waters for a long time, this album finally had me dive in and dive in deep. I'm ecstatic to finally have this on the shelf, and the only reason I'm not spinning it tonight is because everyone else is in bed already and I want to properly crank it!

Thanks again Santa! 💜
I'm so glad it finally showed up! Didn't realize it was coming from the States, could have sworn it said shipped from Canada when I ordered, but it got stuck in shipping hell for over a month. One of my all time favorite records, and by far my favorite discovery artist from the old VMP forum days. To this day this album is my most spun record. Love the whole package too and the pink/green colors on the records that match the album art. Enjoy it!

Hey @Thackeraye i was your Santa. I had ordered you another record, but they cancelled it. As you can see over in the cafe, life has been a little hectic. I will find you the perfect replacement and one day a random record will show up on your doorstep.
Thank you so much! I was going to put up a post asking who it was, as I hadn’t worked it out yet. Really appreciate the record, thanks so much. Please, just concentrate on stopping the nosebleeds for now!

Well, this is exciting. I have been away visiting family for the Christmas break and came back today to a SECOND record from @Thackeraye.

What makes these 2 records (I previously received Rebecca Vasmant's 'With Love, From Glasgow') especially exciting to have received is that I am unfamiliar with them. I LOVE discovering new music (I guess we all do?) and for both of them to be contemporary jazz is even more of a bonus as it's definitely my jam!

I can't wait to dig into them and I plan on cleaning them up tomorrow so I will definitely be putting them at the front of my to-play list. Huge thanks again man, you smashed it!

IMG_1032.JPGIMG_9943.jpeg

OMG @panino!!

What an amazing secret santa you are! I have just recently gotten into Microdisney and therefore been super intrigued to check out Fatima Mansions!! I only knew about them from their split single with the Manics! And I love DMAs. They never play in the US so this will be a great listen for me. Thank you so so much!!

82E9D78F-3454-427D-9932-2F6B359183CA.jpeg
21CD8F97-FA69-4579-915B-73B80356C7CD.jpeg

Thank you Santa! Looking forward to checking out Sturgill and excited to get M83!

Reveal thyself! Merry Christmas! 🎄

View attachment 162110

Sturgill is one of my favorite modern country artists and reminds me of Townes and Johnny; he's doing the genre proud. Wish I could've made the time to get them to me first and create a nicer package, but the hospital and a holiday vacation got in the way! I do hope you and your family/friends had a wonderful holiday season!

Sturgill is one of my favorite modern country artists and reminds me of Townes and Johnny; he's doing the genre proud. Wish I could've made the time to get them to me first and create a nicer package, but the hospital and a holiday vacation got in the way! I do hope you and your family/friends had a wonderful holiday season!

Amazing. You did good! I hope you had a wonderful holiday as well, and the TS gif goes great with the TS tickets I got for my daughter for Christmas. Let’s just say “dad of the year.” 🤩

The holidays are always hectic on my end, so apologies for the late post! Thank you @Mtcvinyl for the phenomenal Secret Santa this year!

These two records have long been staring at me from my wantlist! Looking forward to diving back into these projects and finally checking them off the list! Thank you again @Mtcvinyl as this was a great surprise!

B.B. King - Lucille
Spelling - The Turning Wheel

Happy Santee and Happy New Year's everyone!PXL_20221223_175503152.jpg

SANTA ARRIVED!!!!

View attachment 162269

Thank you so much @RoxCity! The package was definitely worth the wait :D

Love the North Carolina theme! Very excited to check out these two albums from artists I’ve never heard of before, that honestly my favorite part of these secret Santas!! The chocolate was also a very nice addition!
So happy this arrived @Fleetwood-Matt ! Hope you enjoy a couple of my North Carolina favorites! As always, just let me know if you need any more suggestions! Happy New Year's!

Last edited:
The holidays are always hectic on my end, so apologies for the late post! Thank you @Mtcvinyl for the phenomenal Secret Santa this year!

These two records have long been staring at me from my wantlist! Looking forward to diving back into these projects and finally checking them off the list! Thank you again @Mtcvinyl as this was a great surprise!

B.B. King - Lucille
Spelling - The Turning Wheel

Happy Santee and Happy New Year's everyone!View attachment 162715
Hope you enjoy them. Happy New Year!

Santa @Skalap !!!!!!

First, sorry it took a while for me to get it! I was in England for Christmas and only got back on Saturday night. Today was the first day after the new year that postal depot was open!

When I saw your name on the outside of your parcel I was very excited! And I was right to be! What a set of presents!

I loved the note explaining it all. Like your initial thoughts I wondered when I saw your name if I’d get a package of Bloc Party 😂 but this was much better.

Love you sharing some Portuguese music with me, can’t wait to get them cleaned and spinning later in the week! And a Japanese record too!

And then the “extra”! I waited to read the letter first before opening and when I did I burst out laughing! Well played sir!

Hope you had a great Christmas!

3E7ADD46-CCCD-4E0E-A028-F614A37F18F0.jpegA201BA68-FD4F-4AE8-ABAD-DD43249DF79A.jpegF5360D1A-F860-4224-852E-CEDFF2B40763.jpeg

Last edited:
Santa @Skalap !!!!!!

First, sorry it took a while for me to get it! I was in England for Christmas and only got back on Saturday night. Today was the first day after the new year that postal depot was open!

When I saw your name on the outside of your parcel I was very excited! And I was right to be! What a set of presents!

I loved the note explaining it all. Like your initial thoughts I wondered when I saw your name if I’d get a package of Bloc Party 😂 but this was much better.

Love you sharing some Portuguese music with me, can’t wait to get them cleaned and spinning later in the week! And a Japanese record too!

And then the “extra”! I waited to read the letter first before opening and when I did I burst out laughing! Well played sir!

Hope you had a great Christmas!

View attachment 162891View attachment 162892View attachment 162893

I am the one who says sorry here as I shipped your package late. This picture aged very well. Since I shipped the package, CR7 is now CR500. Hope you'll enjoy these records.

Back