N&G Secret Santa 2022

View attachment 161516

Wow, thanks so much @McGlam! The They Hate Change was an album I had recently added to my list of things to spend more time with because I dug it but never went back to it. Was actually listening to the singles again and almost chose it for @Wicked Dreamer when I was doing my Santa shopping! Have been intrigued by Just Mustard but haven't spent any time with this album. I'm enjoying it's first spin. Getting some good PJ Harvey vibe on some tracks.

Thanks for being a great Santa. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Holiday!

So glad they arrived and enjoy them. Happy holidays @dhodo!

Hey @Ghost, was able to get a refund! Florist is OOS, but I’ll send you a new album from this year that I love. Hint “it’s ethereal”
Just saw your message over on IG! That’s very kind of you, sorry for the headache! I asked my wife if she saw something come in but I think it did indeed get stolen :/. I’m very excited by this ethereal album 👀

@Wes C. Attle

This You!?!!!!!!!!!!!!
DBDC0B28-7994-45F7-9E3E-6B0A5AE80002.jpeg
What an excellent selection! I’ve been looking for a Clean/Affordable/US copy of this classic comp for quite some time. It says there is more on the way but man, this has already made my holiday! Thanks a millions! And Merry Christmas!

and for those that need a refresher of how awesome this comp is…

@Wes C. Attle

This You!?!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 161616
What an excellent selection! I’ve been looking for a Clean/Affordable/US copy of this classic comp for quite some time. It says there is more on the way but man, this has already made my holiday! Thanks a millions! And Merry Christmas!

Oh damn is that Pure Moods on cassette!?

Power flex

But is it the original 1994 release or the 1997 edition with 3 fewer tracks? 🤔
It’s the ‘97 release so no Eno, Vengils, or Ryuichi Sakamoto but instead I get a remix of the X-Files theme. The heavy hitters are all there though, Enya, Enigma, David Byrne, Jan Hammer, Deep Forrest, Mike Oldfield, Angelo Badalamenti, etc…

I am sure the ‘94 mix is good too but this 97 release was the one that I probably remember the most.

Last edited:
@Wes C. Attle

This You!?!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 161616

Secret Santa, Pt. 2
AD246975-A0F1-4B9D-B170-10AC7D3D8180.gif
The love here is real. I can’t express enough how grateful I am to have you and your amazing family as apart of our holiday season this year.

As I stated yesterday, I was over the moon just for the Pure Moods cassette tape everything else feels like buttercream icing on an already magnificent cake. Teenage Fanclub wasn’t a band that I appreciated in real time. I didn’t really give Bandwagonesque a chance until about a decade ago and I have loved everything I have heard from them since. Songs From Northern Britain is an album I have been meaning to add to my collection for sometime but for one reason or another it had escaped me until now! The other two records; Audio Learning Center - Friendship Often Fades Away and The Joggers - Solid Guild are two albums and artists I am completely unfamiliar with but knowing our shared affinity for Lo-Fi, Power Pop, and Indie Rock I am fairly confident that I will enjoy both a great deal. Also, a big shout out to @Wes C. Attle progeny for the kick ass drawings! Love the 12th Man Space Needle Christmas, Elves Rockabella and Roxanna getting down to some Wham! “Last Christmas”, and I do hope your little one gets a drum set half as dope as the one in his drawing for Christmas!

This is getting long so I will finish up by once again offering up my deepest thanks for the gifts and for your friendship in this silly hobby of ours!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and yours!

Secret Santa, Pt. 2
View attachment 161702
The love here is real. I can’t express enough how grateful I am to have you and your amazing family as apart of our holiday season this year.

As I stated yesterday, I was over the moon just for the Pure Moods cassette tape everything else feels like buttercream icing on an already magnificent cake. Teenage Fanclub wasn’t a band that I appreciated in real time. I didn’t really give Bandwagonesque a chance until about a decade ago and I have loved everything I have heard from them since. Songs From Northern Britain is an album I have been meaning to add to my collection for sometime but for one reason or another it had escaped me until now! The other two records; Audio Learning Center - Friendship Often Fades Away and The Joggers - Solid Guild are two albums and artists I am completely unfamiliar with but knowing our shared affinity for Lo-Fi, Power Pop, and Indie Rock I am fairly confident that I will enjoy both a great deal. Also, a big shout out to @Wes C. Attle progeny for the kick ass drawings! Love the 12th Man Space Needle Christmas, Elves Rockabella and Roxanna getting down to some Wham! “Last Christmas”, and I do hope your little one gets a drum set half as dope as the one in his drawing for Christmas!

This is getting long so I will finish up by once again offering up my deepest thanks for the gifts and for your friendship in this silly hobby of ours!

I hope you enjoy these records as much as I do! I had a real blast picking this stuff out for you. Merry Christmas!! PLAY THEM LOUD!!

Last edited:
Secret Santa, Pt. 2
View attachment 161702

The Joggers must be fans of Buffalo Springfield.

Wow, wow...what a fantastic package.

My Santa sent three records plus a t-shirt and sticker from their local shop and a nice handwritten (and style-ey!) note.
Santa nailed it by helping me kick off my Jim O'Rourke journey. I don't have any Pavement in my collection, and have to confess, don't have much experience with them. (I did see Malkmus open for Radiohead) And I'm intrigued by Blake Mills, he's attached to a lot of projects I've listened to...really excited for all three of these.

@TenderLovingKiller® - thank you SO much, such a great gift...I truly appreciate it.
Merry Christmas!

IMG_2966.JPG

Wow, wow...what a fantastic package.

My Santa sent three records plus a t-shirt and sticker from their local shop and a nice handwritten (and style-ey!) note.
Santa nailed it by helping me kick off my Jim O'Rourke journey. I don't have any Pavement in my collection, and have to confess, don't have much experience with them. (I did see Malkmus open for Radiohead) And I'm intrigued by Blake Mills, he's attached to a lot of projects I've listened to...really excited for all three of these.

@TenderLovingKiller® - thank you SO much, such a great gift...I truly appreciate it.
Merry Christmas!

View attachment 161716
I am glad it all arrived safe & Sound! You’ll have to tell me what you think of The Blake Mills record. It was one of my faves from a couple years ago.

Merry Christmas!

I am glad it all arrived safe & Sound! You’ll have to tell me what you think of The Blake Mills record. It was one of my faves from a couple years ago.

Merry Christmas!
I definitely will. Great timing too; I was already planning a Spin Clean session last night, so those arrivals got in on the mix. Ready to spin!

Santa came! Same one as last year, too.

Three individually wrapped items + handwritten note were found inside a large mailer:
20221221_075516.jpg

Inside the wrapping paper, with handwritten note:

Amyl and the Sniffers - Comfort to Me
Alvvays - Blue Rev
Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden
20221221_075926.jpg

Thank you so much, @wokeupnew!
I haven't revisited the Amyl and the Sniffers record since last year, but hopefully it clicks with me more now that I have been gifted the physical. I do enjoy the new Alvvays record from this year, and it is one of my Q4 faves. Talk Talk's seminal Spirit of Eden helps to bolster my post-rock library, and is the wantlist item mentioned in the note pictured.

These are wonderful. Thank you again, @wokeupnew! 🎄🎁

Santa came! Same one as last year, too.

Three individually wrapped items + handwritten note were found inside a large mailer:
View attachment 161741

Inside the wrapping paper, with handwritten note:

Amyl and the Sniffers - Comfort to Me
Alvvays - Blue Rev
Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden
View attachment 161742

Thank you so much, @wokeupnew!
I haven't revisited the Amyl and the Sniffers record since last year, but hopefully it clicks with me more now that I have been gifted the physical. I do enjoy the new Alvvays record from this year, and it is one of my Q4 faves. Talk Talk's seminal Spirit of Eden helps to bolster my post-rock library, and is the wantlist item mentioned in the note pictured.

These are wonderful. Thank you again, @wokeupnew! 🎄🎁
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS enjoy!! :D🎄

Also, the Alvvays is unique in that a few songs are mixed a little bit different but definitely noticeable. It's much more shoegazey than the digital edition of the album!

ok, so I've either been very good this year, or Santa has gotten something mixed up, because I received a SECOND secret santa gift today? 😱
55DF61EA-9340-4764-B274-E7F4759B9F14.jpeg
it's actually not clear which member hooked this up, but THANK YOU for such an amazingly thoughtful package. I'm excited to spend some time with that Low EP, they are indeed one of my favorite bands of all time (😭😭) but there are still corners of their discography I have yet to explore, and this seems like it might prefigure some of their mind-blowing recent engagement with electronic music. and I really did need a copy of RADIO CITY. THIRD/SISTER LOVERS is my #1 favorite album of all time (what can I say, I’ve got my demons…) and RC isn’t too far behind. i once passed on what now seems like an extremely reasonably priced OG and haven’t been able to accept that the opportunity is not going to come around again, so having a really good reissue will not only complete my collection and bring joy to my ears—it will relieve me of that ever-nagging regret!

the book is also extremely cool, and perhaps more appropriate than you even know! i’m organizing a museum exhibition set to open in January (😰) of an artist whose work deals a lot with records and the history of recorded music. sure enough, he’s in there! i really do geek out about this kind of thing so it’ll be a great reference.

34DDE9A5-F64C-4502-B4EE-FD4DCFB38677.jpeg

anyway, thanks SO MUCH for the records, book, koozie, and of course the note! it seems really unfair that i’ve gotten two santa packages though—did someone miss out? if anyone has to drop out and left a santee ungifted, i’ll be happy to put together another package to even things out—or i can just take it to the PIF thread!

Back