N&G Secret Santa 2022

OMG @panino!!

What an amazing secret santa you are! I have just recently gotten into Microdisney and therefore been super intrigued to check out Fatima Mansions!! I only knew about them from their split single with the Manics! And I love DMAs. They never play in the US so this will be a great listen for me. Thank you so so much!!

View attachment 162507
View attachment 162508
hey @McGlam, apologies for taking so long to respond!
I was out for few days!

I'm glad you're excited about the records included!
and as an Irish resident I could not miss your interest in the Irish punk-rock scene of the 80s-90s!

the recently deceased Cathal Coughlan of Microdisney has been revived in the latest Telefis release (top 10 record of the year by some Irish journos).

and to continue to inspire your exploration of Irish punk....

happy Christmas and have a great new year!

Thanks again to @Matt M and @THEEDADROCK.BLOG for setting this up!

Thanks again Santa!

And Santee - hope you're enjoying your haul!

Happy to be of service! It was a wild ride, but so amazing to see all the holiday cheer across the globe. My favorite time of the year on N&G!!

Y'all are the real MVPs 🍻

Another gift from Santa @Ghost arrived today. Another new to me album that I am excited to dive into. Described as "Celestial Soul Music," which sounds fantastic. Will be a good record to throw on tonight after work. Thanks again for the generous gifts!
View attachment 164012
Woo! This one’s a great album that grew on me last year.

The story is apparently that Eddie was a one hit wonder in the 80’s and was brought out of hiding by a wonderfully talented composer and producer, John Carroll Kirby, who loved his music and begged Eddie to make a record with him. This was the result, they just finished up a European tour so it seems Eddie’s career revival is going well!

@Lee Newman its a Christmas miracle! I have your missing Santa record! After 9 months on the road it arrived back in Dublin and the store had it for me when I went to pick up the new Neil Young today! I’ll get it out to you again soon, this time to the right address…
I bet that record has been through some shit.

So after a trip from Dublin to your postman who couldn’t decifer the one digit out on a house he delivers to daily, back to Dublin it is now on its way back to you again! Fingers crossed!
I don’t think my reliable postman works my route anymore. My package with Pale Jay was left on the post behind the box the other day which was a wild place to leave it.

Back