N&G Secret Santa 2022

Yay! Came home from doing my penultimate trip to the old apartment (have moved everything but a love seat and cleaned everything but the floors) to find a mystery package on my doorstep. Inside was an amazing selection of things that have all been on my want list, including the Sleep single of Leagues Beneath that has eluded me for the last couple years! I also kept missing on the other two and am so excited to play all three of these excellent picks by @ranbalam! He also wrote me a great note and included some stickers from Third Man Detroit, which opened after I left Detroit and reminds me of another reason why I need to go visit home again one of these days. Thank you so much, @ranbalam, you made my 🎄🎄🎄!

IMG20221217114604.jpg

Yay! Came home from doing my penultimate trip to the old apartment (have moved everything but a love seat and cleaned everything but the floors) to find a mystery package on my doorstep. Inside was an amazing selection of things that have all been on my want list, including the Sleep single of Leagues Beneath that has eluded me for the last couple years! I also kept missing on the other two and am so excited to play all three of these excellent picks by @ranbalam! He also wrote me a great note and included some stickers from Third Man Detroit, which opened after I left Detroit and reminds me of another reason why I need to go visit home again one of these days. Thank you so much, @ranbalam, you made my 🎄🎄🎄!

View attachment 161418

Heavy Christmas!

View attachment 161418
Awesome, so glad you like the selections! And it got there quick, nice job UPS.

Enjoy the records, Merry Christmas. 🎄

If you happen to visit the area, hit me up!

View attachment 161418
Amazing selection!

PXL_20221218_184549720.jpg

Wow, thanks so much @McGlam! The They Hate Change was an album I had recently added to my list of things to spend more time with because I dug it but never went back to it. Was actually listening to the singles again and almost chose it for @Wicked Dreamer when I was doing my Santa shopping! Have been intrigued by Just Mustard but haven't spent any time with this album. I'm enjoying it's first spin. Getting some good PJ Harvey vibe on some tracks.

Thanks for being a great Santa. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Holiday!

Heyo!!! That’ll be me! You should’ve also received Emily Alone by Florist a few days back.
Your prompt was “looking for something peaceful” and Florist was my immediate thought. Which her new album is damn near perfect as well.
And ‘What Kinda Music’ because this record slaps! And I think it’s the second year I’ve given it for SS. Let me know if you got Florist. But ENJOY!!!
❤️❤️❤️ beautiful choice, been enjoying getting acquainted with the Tom Misch so far!

I actually have not received Florist yet, does it say it’s been delivered 😶‍🌫️

I must have been very good this past year, as I got assigned a great Secret Santa.
and you cannot tell me is not you @Poly-Rythmo !

what a fantastic musical adventure was in my package!
1671440037998.jpeg
William Onyeabor is the only artist I know, and I am really appreciating the fact that you sent me your own OG of this record.
As you are aware I was looking for the "Who is" collection in vinyl (I have the CD) since I really enjoyed it. Now I have a piece of W.O. history!
I'm obviously super curious to hear Avolonto Onore and the Orchestre Poly-Rythmo, as I trust your knowledge in anything associated with African Rhythms!
and the 2 indies from Last Night From Glasgow label will keep me up to date with what's happening in the british scene!
I couldn't be happier, this is FIRE!

Thanks a million and have a great Christmas!

I must have been very good this past year, as I got assigned a great Secret Santa.

View attachment 161567
William Onyeabor is the only artist I know, and I am really appreciating the fact that you sent me your own OG of this record.
As you are aware I was looking for the "Who is" collection in vinyl (I have the CD) since I really enjoyed it. Now I have a piece of W.O. history!
I'm obviously super curious to hear Avolonto Onore and the Orchestre Poly-Rythmo, as I trust your knowledge in anything associated with African Rhythms!
and the 2 indies from Last Night From Glasgow label will keep me up to date with what's happening in the british scene!

Ah, so relieved it all got there intact despite all the strikes etc. I think I shocked a few people earlier by saying I'd ignored your want list and suggestion (for 1990-2010 music) but when I saw you wanted the Onyeabor compilation I thought I could go one better and give you my OG (which gives me the excuse to go looking for it again myself) as well as one of the many, many great Poly-Rythmo's. OGs are always best! Hope you enjoy - and the bonus two from LNFG, which were two of my favourites there. Merry Christmas!

Look at this beautiful box of amazing stuff that came in today! It was briefly suggested that I wait til Christmas before opening, but everything was out before further consideration could be made 😀

13B19254-8170-4271-9127-DDCA7294717C.jpeg

Always thrilled to add some more Neil to my collection, especially from this era. I’m excited to check out the Bob Weir record, although you may have unlocked a Dead solo album rabbit hole for me. And I have missed Missouri barbecue since moving from St Louis (yes, I know KC BBQ is different, but still!). My kids had to hold me back from immediately drinking the sauce straight from the bottle.

Happy holidays, @Psymon , you totally nailed it! Thanks so much

Look at this beautiful box of amazing stuff that came in today! It was briefly suggested that I wait til Christmas before opening, but everything was out before further consideration could be made 😀

View attachment 161570

Always thrilled to add some more Neil to my collection, especially from this era. I’m excited to check out the Bob Weir record, although you may have unlocked a Dead solo album rabbit hole for me. And I have missed Missouri barbecue since moving from St Louis (yes, I know KC BBQ is different, but still!). My kids had to hold me back from immediately drinking the sauce straight from the bottle.

Happy holidays, @Psymon , you totally nailed it! Thanks so much
Happy holidays! I’m glad that you don’t have the Bobby Weir already, and I know you’ll love this Neil album. Also, I had no idea you lived in MO previously, so I’m glad that I went with Arthur Bryant’s and not a more standard sauce! Enjoy, and have a great holiday!

View attachment 161567

This Onyeabor album is awesome!

View attachment 161567

Love those LNFG records!

Back