N&G Secret Santa 2022

Found these two on the doorstep today, and excited to get them on the table. After playing Kishi so much there when Omayari came out, I've kinda not played him in a while. Will be good to get back to it. And Joel Ross will be another great Jazz record in the collection. Looking forward to both. Thanks to Santa, who I think is @Selaws from the note that said I'd been their Santee before.

View attachment 160745
Phew, I was starting to get worried when they hadn't arrived yet! Really pleased you like them, man!

I saw that you had Joel Ross' 'Who Are You?' and thought his latest might appeal to you. It's really great and an album that I only recently heard myself. I have played it repeatedly in the past few weeks and it might just be one of my favorites of the year.

I also did a deep dive into your posts and saw that you have a few Kishi Bashi albums. Seeing them actually made me listen to a few of his albums whilst I was searching for something to get you and I was playing 'Sonderlust' when I realised it was an album that you didn't have. So hope yu like that too.

And most importantly, have a Merry Christmas!

Phew, I was starting to get worried when they hadn't arrived yet! Really pleased you like them, man!

I saw that you had Joel Ross' 'Who Are You?' and thought his latest might appeal to you. It's really great and an album that I only recently heard myself. I have played it repeatedly in the past few weeks and it might just be one of my favorites of the year.

I also did a deep dive into your posts and saw that you have a few Kishi Bashi albums. Seeing them actually made me listen to a few of his albums whilst I was searching for something to get you and I was playing 'Sonderlust' when I realised it was an album that you didn't have. So hope yu like that too.

And most importantly, have a Merry Christmas!
Awesome! Thank you so much. hoping to get them cleaned and on the table soon!

SANTA CAME
16708663547397752330734311434578.jpg1670866385872719984354897908533.jpg
16708664305901291771102061699002.jpg
Thank you very much @yukbon.. feels is probably my second favourite of the prime years of animal collective, (only to maybe strawberry jam) so getting an of copy is absolutely fantastic, it's actually another album I thought of doing when I was doing the n+g record of the month but couldn't because it was all sold out.
16708665999374955759305202929624.jpg
I'm also excited to try out these Boris projects, pink and akuma no uta are absolutely fantastic albums so it's going to be full seeing them with with noise royalty merzbow and hear a live performance (which is probably absolutely killer)

Last edited:
SANTA CAME
View attachment 160974View attachment 160975
View attachment 160976
Thank you very much @yukbon.. feels is probably my second favourite of the prime years of animal collective, (only to maybe strawberry jam) so getting an of copy is absolutely fantastic, it's actually another album I thought of doing when I was doing the n+g record of the month but couldn't because it was all sold out.
View attachment 160977
I'm also excited to try out these Boris projects, pink and akuma no uta are absolutely fantastic albums so it's going to be full seeing them with with noise royalty merzbow and hear a live performance (which is probably absolutely killer)
awesome, glad you dig it!

I would rank feels/SJ the other way -- feels juuuuuust barely beats out SJ.

So I signed up for the Secret Santa with great anticipation to what I would get my Santee, and what I would receive. Well since then, as most of you are probably aware, I have decided to sell off my entire collection, which made me feel bad for my Santa.

Well, my Santa (the lovely and talented @LeeVing) came through in spades. He made some very nice choices based on my collection, one I am VERY familiar with (Undertow), and two I am not. I do like XTC a good bit, but do not know much of their output after Skylarking. 801 I have only heard of, but I do know that this album is supposed to be FIRE, and as a HUGE Roxy Music fan, I think Phil Manzanera is one of the most underappreciated guitarists ever.

My Santa nicely acknowleged he was aware of my recent decision, but gave me permission to do with these records as I see fit. My plan is to enjoy the hell out of them and hang on to them until the bitter end, after which I’ll likely PIF them for others to enjoy his kindness.

Thanks to you, Mr @LeeVing, for the fantastic gifts! This truly is the best forum on the interwebs.

D4645C4D-C51A-4D99-9E0F-3992DC90A3D6.jpeg

So I signed up for the Secret Santa with great anticipation to what I would get my Santee, and what I would receive. Well since then, as most of you are probably aware, I have decided to sell off my entire collection, which made me feel bad for my Santa.

Well, my Santa (the lovely and talented @LeeVing) came through in spades. He made some very nice choices based on my collection, one I am VERY familiar with (Undertow), and two I am not. I do like XTC a good bit, but do not know much of their output after Skylarking. 801 I have only heard of, but I do know that this album is supposed to be FIRE, and as a HUGE Roxy Music fan, I think Phil Manzanera is one of the most underappreciated guitarists ever.

My Santa nicely acknowleged he was aware of my recent decision, but gave me permission to do with these records as I see fit. My plan is to enjoy the hell out of them and hang on to them until the bitter end, after which I’ll likely PIF them for others to enjoy his kindness.

Thanks to you, Mr @LeeVing, for the fantastic gifts! This truly is the best forum on the interwebs.

View attachment 161036
Putting some of that sweet TTL Stationary to good use as well.

View attachment 161036

Glad they got to you safely.

The XTC was what I had to purchase again. As it is, the first copy I ordered arrived at my house today.

And since I buy that 801 album whenever I see one I have acquired multiple copies over the years. As I had 2 copies of that Japanese pressing I had one more than necessary...I kept the one that still had an OBI, tho.

View attachment 161036
That XTC (like, well, ALL XTC) is a solid listen.

Back