N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Received my package today! @imtheocean did a GREAT job! A classic I’ve wanted on vinyl forever, and the Gorillaz compilation I’ve never heard, but their debut may be my favorite Gorillaz record, so I’m super excited to give them a spin!View attachment 80602
View attachment 80603View attachment 80604
Excellent! I kept looking for something that wasn't on your wantlist to surprise you, but these two kept popping in as albums I'd want to hear. That being said, I had a minor surgery about a week ago, and one of the first albums I put on when I got home got me thinking that it was not represented on your discogs, and that you'd likely love it. So don't be surprised if another mystery gift shows up before Christmas due to my melancholy post surgery positive mood!

I think Santa made a visit to my house today, because I received a surprise package from amazon!

Bobby Hutcherson - The Kicker (blue note tone poet release)

Damn Santa, well played...excellently played. I have one Hutcherson album which I adore ("San Francisco") and I see Grant Green is part of this lineup (hell yes). I believe I had asked for a bit of a "surprise" and you clearly put some time and thought into this pick...and you totally nailed it. Cannot wait to spin this tomorrow morning...or might try and have some self control and save it for Saturday morning.

There was no note included, please show yourself Santa so I know who to shower with praise and admiration. Thank you!!

I think Santa made a visit to my house today, because I received a surprise package from amazon!

Bobby Hutcherson - The Kicker (blue note tone poet release)

Damn Santa, well played...excellently played. I have one Hutcherson album which I adore ("San Francisco") and I see Grant Green is part of this lineup (hell yes). I believe I had asked for a bit of a "surprise" and you clearly put some time and thought into this pick...and you totally nailed it. Cannot wait to spin this tomorrow morning...or might try and have some self control and save it for Saturday morning.

There was no note included, please show yourself Santa so I know who to shower with praise and admiration. Thank you!!

Hhmm I asked Uncle Jeff to help Santa out by including a note....

The original Pitchfork review of Kid A is one of the funniest things I've ever read.
oh my darling eminem! how i love you marshall, spittin shiny massive magnetic acrostics to fit the thrillest rhyme style ever invented (ugh yeah i'm trying not to explain his quote unquote flow in those meaningless autechre words like architectural and labyrinthine but SHIT) but yeah although em's lyrics arent usually quotably evocative for rock reviews like wu or jay here i'm not even going to try, you have to hear him spit at it live or on record

FYI if you haven't sent your Santee their gift yet they probably won't get it by the 25th. USPS seems completely slammed.

For those who haven't received anything, give it until the 28th. If you don't have anything then hit up me or @Captainfog (whoever sent you your Santee) and we'll look into it.

Keep crushing it Santas!
I ordered one of my gifts on November 30th and it still hasn't shown 😕 there's still a week for it to show so I'll try to remain hopeful, I just hope my santee isn't losing faith in me. I got them several things but they are taking their sweet time to get to them... don't stop believing, Santee!

To my Santa - Norwegian post (like pretty much everywhere else) has been struggling a lot in recent days and so it now looks like I won't get any more parcels before we leave for Christmas. It's totally cool and no need to stress. I'll be back around new year and will update then.

To my Santee - overjoyed with these picks! I've got The Cooker on the turntable now and it sounds fantastic - this is the first Blue Note Tone Poet release I've gotten. And I'm totally unfamiliar with Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes, which is exactly the kind of discovery I wanted to get.

Thanks so much!

View attachment 80450
I'm glad you liked them!!

To my Santa: I foolishly gave my work address (as I live there Mon-Fri), but nothing had arrived by the time I had left yesterday morning. I was planing on being there longer but had to start my holiday leave early to collect this little scamp:

1608300619283.png

Long story short, I won't be getting my record until the New Year :( but it will be like a mini-second Christmas and no less loved!

To my santee...sorry for the delays. You should be getting something or 2 any day but unfortunately one gift won’t get to you until possibly until 2021:(
It’s a Festivus miracle...santee something arrived today for ya...hopefully another one has/or will show up today too🍺🍺

Dear Santee, we came across a few challenges this year, but I'm happy to report that the mission has been accomplished, not sure it's going to get to you before Christmas, my apologies.

Back