N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Santa outdid themselves! I couldn’t be happier!
First, the records individually wrapped in llama paper:
View attachment 80505

Here’s what was inside:
View attachment 80506
Excited about all of these - definitely been meaning to check out Coriky so happy about that, plus probably my favorite High on Fire (I have none on wax either way), a great Jerry, and the one Cocteau Twins album I don’t think I’ve even heard.

Finally, some stickers for good measure and a note (with a clue to Santa’s identity?)
View attachment 80507

Santa hails from Vegas, so I’m thinking it’s either @Ginormousthumbs or @girlnevergoesout - based on the use of “ginormous” in the note, I’m guessing it’s ‘thumbs??
IT WAS ME, you are welcome!!!!

hahahahaha I guess he already claimed it was him. I was too late.

IMG_0706.jpg

This arrived last night, but I just saw it this morning! What a great way to start my Thursday and such a generous gift from my too kind Santa @ranbalam!

I loved the most recent Michael Kiwanuka album but haven't gotten around to checking out much of his back catalog yet. The Dexter Gordon has been on my wantlist for a while, I'm not very familiar with his music so I'm super excited to finally check it out. I've seen the Thelonious Monk album before, but no NOTHING about it. Excited to go in blind on that one and based on my Santa's enthusiasm for it I'm sure it will be a winner!

View attachment 80553

This arrived last night, but I just saw it this morning! What a great way to start my Thursday and such a generous gift from my too kind Santa @ranbalam!

I loved the most recent Michael Kiwanuka album but haven't gotten around to checking out much of his back catalog yet. The Dexter Gordon has been on my wantlist for a while, I'm not very familiar with his music so I'm super excited to finally check it out. I've seen the Thelonious Monk album before, but no NOTHING about it. Excited to go in blind on that one and based on my Santa's enthusiasm for it I'm sure it will be a winner!

Awesome, so glad it arrived safely! (and timely; UPS is highly recommended this year for those of you that can use them easily)
If you like MK's latest I'm sure you'll like Love & Hate, and yeah, I absolutely love that Monk and Coltrane.
Cheers!

Back