N&G Secret Santa - 2020

The mail came in with a very pleasant surprise for me

16081435480752323604366489108461.jpg
Chairlift - does you inspire you

Very pleasantly surprised by this pick, I never heard any of chairlifts stuff beyond Caroline Polacheck's "Pang" last year, I had heard "Romeo" and "Ch-Ching" off their final album and enjoyed those songs and hearing Caroline's voice on blood orange Cupid deluxe when I finally got to that was fantastic. Very excited to see how I feel about this

Also on white vinyl which is cool

Last edited:
I am genuinely at a loss for words. My secret Santa really out-did himself with this incredibly thoughtful and amazing package. @marshall thank you so much! It’s truly overwhelming and I cannot express how much the amount of thought you put into this means. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I’m excited about the book, btw! It looks awesome.

View attachment 80411

The Gallow's Pole! Great pick!

To my Santee - overjoyed with these picks! I've got The Cooker on the turntable now and it sounds fantastic - this is the first Blue Note Tone Poet release I've gotten. And I'm totally unfamiliar with Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes, which is exactly the kind of discovery I wanted to get.

Thanks so much!

View attachment 80450
I wish I got my santa a tone poet, I did get them something almost as good though. Hope you enjoy the tone poets and Kevin's mastering

My Santa gift arrived today. Actual unboxing follows:

It was not record shaped... I was immediately intrigued
4D40ACE0-3B88-46D0-BA86-8B8B83AD0056.jpeg
Seems I may be on the naughty list...
15F88BA4-16F4-49DA-A60F-5EB0F8A8D31D.jpeg
Good things come in small packages, right? Right?
297743D9-06B9-454F-8C75-9FE8A9DFF055.jpeg
A sinking feeling right about now but I open it anyway, hoping against hope.
F74C877F-4FB1-4D08-8397-9AF35F62C4D6.jpeg
Seems I made the actual naughty list and not the kind that ends with clothes strewn about.

😂😂😂😂😇🥳

Aha

View attachment 80457
View attachment 80459
View attachment 80462
View attachment 80463
Seems I made the actual naughty list and not the kind that ends with clothes strewn about.

😂😂😂😂😇🥳
hahahahahahahahahaha. This may be the best thing I’ve ever seen EVER on this board!

Huge props to the Secret Santa on this one 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

View attachment 80457
View attachment 80459
View attachment 80462
View attachment 80463

😂😂😂😂😇🥳
Coal is just unfinished diamonds!

View attachment 80457
View attachment 80459
View attachment 80462
View attachment 80463

😂😂😂😂😇🥳

Hahahahaha! You sure earned it Deb!

I know we’re all very fidgety about our gifts getting to each other on time, but man do I feel for those USPS workers right now. This time of the year must be so difficult under normal circumstances, but I can’t even imagine what it’s like right now.
Same!!
Because all your exes live in Texas?
Just a symptom of the times?

Santa outdid themselves! I couldn’t be happier!

First, the records individually wrapped in llama paper:
0551D0E6-FBB1-44CC-8527-0F1BC7BA3128.jpeg

Here’s what was inside:
9643B6D5-9CCE-4BD4-BCC3-EF38FE925390.jpeg
Excited about all of these - definitely been meaning to check out Coriky so happy about that, plus probably my favorite High on Fire (I have none on wax either way), a great Jerry, and the one Cocteau Twins album I don’t think I’ve even heard.

Finally, some stickers for good measure and a note (with a clue to Santa’s identity?)
89E5618A-54E2-4F19-83C4-C992A48D320E.jpeg

Santa hails from Vegas, so I’m thinking it’s either @Ginormousthumbs or @girlnevergoesout - based on the use of “ginormous” in the note, I’m guessing it’s ‘thumbs??

View attachment 80505

Here’s what was inside:
View attachment 80506
Excited about all of these - definitely been meaning to check out Coriky so happy about that, plus probably my favorite High on Fire (I have none on wax either way), a great Jerry, and the one Cocteau Twins album I don’t think I’ve even heard.

Finally, some stickers for good measure and a note (with a clue to Santa’s identity?)
View attachment 80507

Santa hails from Vegas, so I’m thinking it’s either @Ginormousthumbs or @girlnevergoesout - based on the use of “ginormous” in the note, I’m guessing it’s ‘thumbs??
Reflections is a popular gift 'round these parts.

View attachment 80505

Here’s what was inside:
View attachment 80506

View attachment 80507

Ho, Ho, Ho! I’m really glad that these selections worked out! Even though it’s all about giving, it’s still a little nerve racking. 😁

Back