N&G AoTM Version 2.0: General Thread & Archive

Like Lee said, don’t overthink it. If/when I ever get picked, “is this still in print?” and “is it available internationally?” are going to be my two biggest criteria in what I select. Everything after that is secondary, even “is this an album that is gonna make everybody angry?” lol
its not even that.. its more that this is the one chance i will have at this in 3 years at least... so i wanna make sure i got it right.. i got a couple options i like but i dunno if there is a perfect choice

its not even that.. its more that this is the one chance i will have at this in 3 years at least... so i wanna make sure i got it right.. i got a couple options i like but i dunno if there is a perfect choice

It's good to have options and fortunately you have a few months to narrow it down. Looking forward to it!

If you hesistate between a few ones, select one that makes a (little) difference and add the others as swaptions. Et voilà.

How is the list looking ?

Have we got plenty on going forward. If you need a backup list of second time around pickers let us know.

Im not shouting out for another go here but I imagine the people going again wouldn't stress anywhere near as much as the first timers.

I do stress to anyone - you cant really go wrong, no one is going to say "what a shit pick" etc. Curation is completely subjective so just go with whatever you like.
I think the most important part is have fun !

Have we got plenty on going forward. If you need a backup list of second time around pickers let us know.

Im not shouting out for another go here but I imagine the people going again wouldn't stress anywhere near as much as the first timers.

I do stress to anyone - you cant really go wrong, no one is going to say "what a shit pick" etc. Curation is completely subjective so just go with whatever you like.

There still are twenty odd on the list so I think we are good for now but I’ll be honest my focus is on getting more new people taking part, both as pickers and just involved in the threads. I’d particularly like to see more of the ladies of the board represented because there’s a definite lack of them in both the lists of pickers and picked artists and that makes me a little sad.

Eventually we’ll exhaust the list and get around to second picks because we’d all, me included, like to go again, it’s just not my focus right now.

Same, please @Joe Mac I want to run the AotM thread in early 2025, February to be more precise.

Something funny happened. I had decided what was going to be my AOTM, had the clues prepared and everything... And then the thing is suddenly out of stock everywhere (except cogs, but there are like four copies for sale). So I'm again trying to decide what could be a good AOTM, so I'm kinda ok with not having the responsability right now.

Back