N&G AoTM Version 2.0: General Thread & Archive

Joe Mac

Hi Everyone! After last years roaring success welcome to year 2 of the N&G AoTM's.

A big round of applause for our outgoing coordinator @ChristoBee for getting the concept off the ground and organising this in year 1!

Just to reiterate for all future pickers we only have one rule, we want to make this an affordable antidote to the ever spiralling cost of vinyl, and the extortionate charges levied by special limited nonsense clubs, and bring it back to music fans picking great albums for one another. Also, the members of this club are worldwide, it is not a club for just people from your own country. As such please only pick albums that are widely available across the globe at a price that is in and around €/£/$ 30 including shipping. Please also try to link to a few global shipping options upon announcement.

Each picker will then lead us all through a guess thread full of fun and delight for a month before announcing their pick with a short piece on why the album matters to them and why they wanted to share it with all of us.

The list of future AoTM pickers is contained in post 2. I will make choice for upcoming months by random draw approximately one month before the picker has to start their guess thread.

Year 1

N&G AotM's Vols. 0 to 12

N&G AoTM /// Year 1 Review!

Year 2

N&G AoTM /// Volume 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons / picked by @Alexander

N&G AoTM /// Volume 14 - August 2020 /// Fugazi - In On The Killtaker / picked by @Thackeraye

N&G AoTM /// Volume 15 - September 2020 /// 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) - Jimmy Bell's Still In Town / picked by @Yer Ol' Uncle D

N&G AoTM /// Volume 16 - October 2020 /// WH Lung - Incidental Music / picked by @ByersVinyl

N&G AoTM /// Volume 17 - November 2020 /// Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées / picked by @blissfullychaotic

N&G AoTM /// Volume 18 - December 2020 /// Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook – Mustt Mustt / picked by @panino

N&G AoTM /// Volume 19 - January 2021 /// Tim Hecker - Radio Amor / picked by @duke86fan

N&G AoTM /// Volume 20 - February 2021 /// Birds of Chicago - Love in Wartime / picked by @Lee Newman

N&G AoTM /// Volume 21 - March 2021 /// Melissa Laveaux - Radyo Siwèl / picked by @Colonel_Angus

N&G AoTM /// Volume 22 - April 2021 /// Nerija - Blume / picked by @Selaws

N&G AOTM /// Volume 23 - May 2021 /// Harmony Woods - Make Yourself at Home / picked by @siremobunny

N&G AoTM /// Volume 24 - June 2021 /// Calliope Musicals - Color/Sweat / picked by @bfly

Year 2 Review!

Last edited:
You get a month after announcement. End of this month/beginning of next I’ll announce the August picker and they need to start their thread around 1st July.

tfw the N+G staff might run out of money for the site before everyone gets to do their ROTM

we got 4 more years worth of this stuff and the go fund me was supposed to be about 5 years if i remember... a admin can explain that better

tfw the N+G staff might run out of money for the site before everyone gets to do their ROTM

we got 4 more years worth of this stuff and the go fund me was supposed to be about 5 years if i remember... a admin can explain that better

We have 3 more years worth of people! Plus 2 months. And hell that’s a damn pessimistic outlook!

Back