N&G AoTM Version 2.0: General Thread & Archive

So with @Alexander having announced his pick for July it’s time for me to draw the September victim picker...

View attachment 52875View attachment 52876

@Yer Ol' Uncle D!!! I think I speak for us all when I say that I’m excited to see what you dig out for us from the depths of your large collection! Aim for a thread start date of around 1st August please.

@Thackeraye i hope you’re ready to get yours going in 10 days or so!

Barry Manilow will finally have his day.

He picked Paul Pena for the listening club and that album is all kinds of fire!!!!

Can’t wait!!!

If I was a wise man I would've saved Paul Pena for this.

And @Lee Newman is correct - Paul Pena is fire. Here's a link if you missed him...

If I was a wise man I would've saved Paul Pena for this.

And @Lee Newman is correct - Paul Pena is fire. Here's a link if you missed him...

i mean i dunno how anyone would GET new copies of paul pena because its been out of print for at least 2 decades at the latest

may i ask what happened to the old tradition of the person doing the ROTM this month saves a few spaces for the reveal, an archive or the original post, and probably some explainations. and the person who did the LAST ROTM does the clue collecting and managing the guesses so there is no bias in the system.. i remember that being a thing until a couple months

may i ask what happened to the old tradition of the person doing the ROTM this month saves a few spaces for the reveal, an archive or the original post, and probably some explainations. and the person who did the LAST ROTM does the clue collecting and managing the guesses so there is no bias in the system.. i remember that being a thing until a couple months
tenor.gif

I think it sorta stopped in month 10 and never really came back. Either way it’s all gravy, its not the most fun job to do when you don’t know the pick so if the pickers are happy to do it I think it works much better.

I think it sorta stopped in month 10 and never really came back. Either way it’s all gravy, its not the most fun job to do when you don’t know the pick so if the pickers are happy to do it I think it works much better.
I have a feeling you may have some residual loathing from when you had to organize the clues and guesses for my month... 😂

I have a feeling you may have some residual loathing from when you had to organize the clues and guesses for my month... 😂

Yours was a pleasure compared to the residual trauma of having done 2 for VMP, including the last one the month the forum imploded and they picked the terrible Phoenix record...

...a comparative pleasure though, it definitely added to the trauma 🤪

Yours was a pleasure compared to the residual trauma of having done 2 for VMP, including the last one the month the forum imploded and they picked the terrible Phoenix record...

...a comparative pleasure though, it definitely added to the trauma 🤪
Hahaha I refuse to apologize! I loved my month 🤗 everyone needs some chaos now and then :devilish:

I really enjoyed helming the guesses for @Goatfish following my own month. It gives you another month of vested interest and it exposed me to artists like Death.

am i blind? where is the post with the obi strips @Alexander created for these? i checked the first post of the old thread but it doesn't have all of them updated/linked, and i can't seem to find another one with them linked even though i'm pretty sure there is one. thx.

for me, i was fine running my own thread. if @Crabbers had reached out to me i'd probably have just said they didn't have to unless they reeeally wanted to. and with how my may-june ended up going in real life, it definitely was best i wasn't relied on to run the following month's thread. if, in the future, someone wants/needs a thread runner, i can volunteer to do it to fulfill that obligation.

am i blind? where is the post with the obi strips @Alexander created for these? i checked the first post of the old thread but it doesn't have all of them updated/linked, and i can't seem to find another one with them linked even though i'm pretty sure there is one. thx.

for me, i was fine running my own thread. if @Crabbers had reached out to me i'd probably have just said they didn't have to unless they reeeally wanted to. and with how my may-june ended up going in real life, it definitely was best i wasn't relied on to run the following month's thread. if, in the future, someone wants/needs a thread runner, i can volunteer to do it to fulfill that obligation.

I think they are done up to volume 8 or 9. There aren’t any for ones past that. Towards the end of the year christob seemed to be pressed for time and wasn’t as interested in the whole thing anymore and didn’t really update Post 1 so there are some in the body of the thread that haven’t been linked to.

Go ahead and add me to this list even though I may be in my 30s by the time I get picked, I need to hop in on these more!

Back