My Morning Jacket

Red Rocks was amazing, as expected! Made a lil' post over in Fresh Grabs:
Nice haul! I was hoping to snag a vinyl but before the show was an absolute shit-show for me. I went with my wife to the Saturday show and we had to drive to Fort Collins to drop our kiddo and dog off at our friends house. From there we were driving down the highway and I start to hear some static/squeal. I pull off the highway and sure enough a metal piece of the undercarriage is hanging off, scraping the ground. We had to limp our car back to our house in Loveland (thankfully we weren’t too far) and about a mile from our house we hit a bump and the whole thing just flies out from under the car :rolleyes: so our buddies had to drive down with another car for us from Fort Collins and meet us at our house. This is now 7:00 PM and we are both pissed because we will be late and miss the opener. We finally got there at about 8:15 or so just as Amo Amo were finishing up. Needless to say, I did not get a poster or vinyl haha! We then made it to our seats and within 30 seconds the lady next to me spills her full beerita all over me:p

All was right though once Wordless Chorus started and we danced the night away. It was quite possibly the single greatest concert I’ve ever been to. The half hour Steam Engine was transcendent.

Side note, I will never understand people who leave like 3/4 of the way through a concert. Several people around me did just that. Like why in the world pay that much money just to leave during the best part? Craziness.

Nice haul! I was hoping to snag a vinyl but before the show was an absolute shit-show for me. I went with my wife to the Saturday show and we had to drive to Fort Collins to drop our kiddo and dog off at our friends house. From there we were driving down the highway and I start to hear some static/squeal. I pull off the highway and sure enough a metal piece of the undercarriage is hanging off, scraping the ground. We had to limp our car back to our house in Loveland (thankfully we weren’t too far) and about a mile from our house we hit a bump and the whole thing just flies out from under the car :rolleyes: so our buddies had to drive down with another car for us from Fort Collins and meet us at our house. This is now 7:00 PM and we are both pissed because we will be late and miss the opener. We finally got there at about 8:15 or so just as Amo Amo were finishing up. Needless to say, I did not get a poster or vinyl haha! We then made it to our seats and within 30 seconds the lady next to me spills her full beerita all over me:p

All was right though once Wordless Chorus started and we danced the night away. It was quite possibly the single greatest concert I’ve ever been to. The half hour Steam Engine was transcendent.

Side note, I will never understand people who leave like 3/4 of the way through a concert. Several people around me did just that. Like why in the world pay that much money just to leave during the best part? Craziness.
My major takeaway was never to do GA at Red Rocks, at least for a sold-out show. We took one of the shuttles from downtown and got there around 6:40, got into the venue shortly before the opener took the stage, and were unable to find seats anywhere. People in the lower GA section had spread out blankets and shit, were all saving multiple seats for their friends, and were not even a little bit interested in making space for others. Up top was jam packed. We ended up having to make some space for ourselves in the aisle and up on one of the little ledges. Still a fantastic show, but I'm definitely going for reserved seats if I ever get back there.

My major takeaway was never to do GA at Red Rocks, at least for a sold-out show. We took one of the shuttles from downtown and got there around 6:40, got into the venue shortly before the opener took the stage, and were unable to find seats anywhere. People in the lower GA section had spread out blankets and shit, were all saving multiple seats for their friends, and were not even a little bit interested in making space for others. Up top was jam packed. We ended up having to make some space for ourselves in the aisle and up on one of the little ledges. Still a fantastic show, but I'm definitely going for reserved seats if I ever get back there.
Honestly I probably would have gotten GA but reserves were the only tickets left during the presale when I finally got the chance to buy them. And I was the very last row (60) of the reserved section, not that there’s really a bad seat in the house. But yeah I hate when people camp out large areas in GA especially if they aren’t even there in the beginning. It was nice to have an actual assigned seat and not jammed in there though haha!

OMG, that's a bummer! Yeah, the merch situation was nuts. On Saturday, several of the shirts they had on Friday were already gone. My wife scoped it out about midway through the opener, and just about everything except for one shirt style, some records, and smaller stuff like pins, patches, and coozies were gone. I wouldn't be surprised if it all sold out by the end of the night.

I was only at night 2 but it was great. I didn't even see where the merch tents were (not that I would have spent the required time to get anything) so I'm going to try to get a poster online if I can.
Yeah, I think both Burwell and Reno will have some available online in the near future. Go sign up for their email list on their websites so you'll know!

Absolutely - I hate it when people do that blanket reserve shit for their straggler buddies. 100% lame. The problem was exacerbated for these shows as well, because they were two out of four total for this whole year, so people from all over converged, and were camping out for 5-6 hours before doors to get those prime GA spots (or even just to ensure they got to merch before it sold out).

Honestly I probably would have gotten GA but reserves were the only tickets left during the presale when I finally got the chance to buy them. And I was the very last row (60) of the reserved section, not that there’s really a bad seat in the house. But yeah I hate when people camp out large areas in GA especially if they aren’t even there in the beginning. It was nice to have an actual assigned seat and not jammed in there though haha!
I agree that there doesn’t seem to be a bad seat, the problem was we didn’t even get a real seat.

OMG, that's a bummer! Yeah, the merch situation was nuts. On Saturday, several of the shirts they had on Friday were already gone. My wife scoped it out about midway through the opener, and just about everything except for one shirt style, some records, and smaller stuff like pins, patches, and coozies were gone. I wouldn't be surprised if it all sold out by the end of the night.

Yeah, I think both Burwell and Reno will have some available online in the near future. Go sign up for their email list on their websites so you'll know!

Absolutely - I hate it when people do that blanket reserve shit for their straggler buddies. 100% lame. The problem was exacerbated for these shows as well, because they were two out of four total for this whole year, so people from all over converged, and were camping out for 5-6 hours before doors to get those prime GA spots (or even just to ensure they got to merch before it sold out).
I’ve learned from years of Pearl Jam shows to just stay away from the merch lines and try and hunt down anything I really want online - which is basically always just posters because as much as I like band t shirts in general I have a weird aversion to dated tour shirts in particular. I do like getting the AP versions directly from the artists - my understanding is that’s how they get paid for their work. Already signed up for the Burwell and Reno lists, but at least Burwell it seems is just going to drop them without warning, which I don’t really like.

The most frustrating thing about the folks saving GA spots was that they weren’t willing to try and accommodate other people at all. I understand that they had gotten there early to get their spots and felt entitled, but you can at least try to be friendly and make room for other people as long as they’re being cool too. Part of the problem is the layout - the tiers make it so everyone is taking up more front-to-back space than they really need...if it was a lawn with the same square footage it would accommodate a lot more people.

@mitchwagz @oldschoolkirby Apparently Burwell put up the N1 and N2 posters on his site this afternoon. The site is still currently overrun with traffic. I was able to put one in my cart, but my cart says that they're sold out. I'm refreshing (through the million service errors) to see if anything falls out of another cart, but it's not looking good.

According to Burwell's facebook page, the "split second" they activate the two APs for sale the site was overrun with traffic, which is why the heads-up email never got sent - he literally hasn't been able to get into his own site to send an email or post anything. Apparently there are foil variants that will go up "later" - i.e. whenever the traffic dies down, which will be never because everyone is F5ing it.

Last edited:
@mitchwagz @oldschoolkirby Apparently Burwell put up the N1 and N2 posters on his site this afternoon. The site is still currently overrun with traffic. I was able to put one in my cart, but my cart says that they're sold out. I'm refreshing (through the million service errors) to see if anything falls out of another cart, but it's not looking good.

According to Burwell's facebook page, the "split second" they activate the two APs for sale the site was overrun with traffic, which is why the heads-up email never got sent - he literally hasn't been able to get into his own site to send an email or post anything. Apparently there are foil variants that will go up "later" - i.e. whenever the traffic dies down, which will be never because everyone is F5ing it.
Yikes - keep at it, I hope you can get one. I was somehow able to get the page to load and it says "In Stock". Wonder how many total he has available?

Yikes - keep at it, I hope you can get one. I was somehow able to get the page to load and it says "In Stock". Wonder how many total he has available?
Yeah I think it says in stock because he’s not updating the site at all until this madness is over. If you put one in your cart you get a message about how there aren’t enough available to fulfill your order.

Yeah I think it says in stock because he’s not updating the site at all until this madness is over. If you put one in your cart you get a message about how there aren’t enough available to fulfill your order.
I saw something about Clinton Reno putting some up as well - in fact very soon: https://clintonreno.com/rockprints/

Dang it, looks like the site is already getting 500 error 🤦‍♂️ (n)

I saw something about Clinton Reno putting some up as well - in fact very soon: https://clintonreno.com/rockprints/

Dang it, looks like the site is already getting 500 error 🤦‍♂️ (n)
Apparently he's going to post a unique URL for the drop on some Facebook group. It's rare that I regret not being on Facebook but this is one of those times.

I've always been able to cop APs for Pearl Jam posters without issue...I didn't think it could get worse than PJ fans when it came to merch but here we are.

Apparently he's going to post a unique URL for the drop on some Facebook group. It's rare that I regret not being on Facebook but this is one of those times.

I've always been able to cop APs for Pearl Jam posters without issue...I didn't think it could get worse than PJ fans when it came to merch but here we are.
Yeah, they are severely underestimating the demand, and then they just drive people to the ebay flippers. Not a good situation :(

Set List Predictions (🤞🏼) for The Forest Hills Show:

At Dawn
Dancefloors
Just One Thing
Knot Comes Loose
Two Halves
Librarian
Aluminum Park
Remnants
You Want To Freak Out
Get The Point

Wasn't Even Close....but the show was pretty spectacular: