Music Festivals

Damn that is a stacked lineup.

View attachment 134636

Just was thinking the same thing. I txted my wife a little while ago after the email but I don’t think I have a multi-day festival in me. Even pre-Covid that would be mass of humanity tightly packed although I managed to survive the ones I went to in the distant past. Anyone ever been to this one?

Just was thinking the same thing. I txted my wife a little while ago after the email but I don’t think I have a multi-day festival in me. Even pre-Covid that would be mass of humanity tightly packed although I managed to survive the ones I went to in the distant past. Anyone ever been to this one?
I went back in 2019. It's not a great spot, but it's a good time. They've restructured all the fests around here. This used to be mainly legacy classic rock acts, but now seems to be dipping into the amercana and indie market forecastle used to have. Not sure how else it'll be different from now on.

I'm sure locals can give better advice but I went a few years ago and enjoyed Buffalo Trace and Woodford on the trail, and Angel's Envy in downtown Louisville.
I’m actually going down beginning of June for a 40th celebration and just doing bourbon trail…so this will be a condensed encore tour 😜

Did you end up finding some rare bottles along the way ?
No, not at all. Pretty much anything we could buy at the distilleries we could buy back home - though we were able to taste some interesting things. We did meet Jimmy Russell at Wild Turkey and he signed some bottles for us.

Did you end up finding some rare bottles along the way ?
How rare are you looking? I just went down last month and hit a few distilleries. I didn't go to Heaven Hill, but I heard that they changed the way they sell allocated stuff, now. I guess they only sell allocated stuff twice a week and announce what it will be the day before (or maybe a few) and they hand out tickets in line before they open.

I did go to Buffalo Trace and got Blanton's one of the days. I was in line at 9:15am and got my bottle and on my way by 9:45am. They say the store opens at 10, but they started letting people in around 9:30 all 3 days I was there. There a website BuffaloTraceDaily that keeps track of what has been available there and odds on what will be for sale tomorrow.

I didn't go to Old Forester, but people told me it's hit and miss getting anything rare there. You're either lucky and they put something out while you're there, or you're not and they don't.

Maker's Mark has distillery only releases from their Private Selection line.

If you're willing to pay top dollar you can go to Justin's House of Bourbon in Lexington. Lots of selection, lots of rare bottles (for a price), and I heard that their Store Picks are all fantastic. Once again, I did not go there but talked to many people in lines over the 3 days I was down there.

As for music festivals, that Bourbon & Beyond festival is a alternative to Forecastle for us this year. Better time of year, waaaay better line-up, and more focus on the booze. If I can budget this and our trip to Maine in the late Summer, I will be happy.

How rare are you looking? I just went down last month and hit a few distilleries. I didn't go to Heaven Hill, but I heard that they changed the way they sell allocated stuff, now. I guess they only sell allocated stuff twice a week and announce what it will be the day before (or maybe a few) and they hand out tickets in line before they open.

I did go to Buffalo Trace and got Blanton's one of the days. I was in line at 9:15am and got my bottle and on my way by 9:45am. They say the store opens at 10, but they started letting people in around 9:30 all 3 days I was there. There a website BuffaloTraceDaily that keeps track of what has been available there and odds on what will be for sale tomorrow.

I didn't go to Old Forester, but people told me it's hit and miss getting anything rare there. You're either lucky and they put something out while you're there, or you're not and they don't.

Maker's Mark has distillery only releases from their Private Selection line.

If you're willing to pay top dollar you can go to Justin's House of Bourbon in Lexington. Lots of selection, lots of rare bottles (for a price), and I heard that their Store Picks are all fantastic. Once again, I did not go there but talked to many people in lines over the 3 days I was down there.

As for music festivals, that Bourbon & Beyond festival is a alternative to Forecastle for us this year. Better time of year, waaaay better line-up, and more focus on the booze. If I can budget this and our trip to Maine in the late Summer, I will be happy.
Ooh thanks for the info 🥃🥃

Ohana was just announced, I wonder if there will be a second weekend since Stone Gossard said in an interview that Painted Shield was going to play it.

1649690505578.png

Back