Music Festivals

I know California is opening up quite a bit in the coming weeks but for an event this size I just don't get it. I wonder if any artists will pull out? I imagine too much money on the line.
Does anyone have a list of festivals that have taken place since the pandemic started? I know Lollapalooza went on but that wasn't without its own issues. I suppose if cases continue trending downward then things will be looking up, but to announce this 2 months out and have absolutely zero criteria in place for COVID-related occurrences seems irresponsible. Not even a "if you feel bad, don't come". I'm sure plenty of the artists will take exception to this.

In California no less. Do the local requirements of Palm Springs override state requirements?
From an article in Variety... the sad real reason...

"Publicizing the lack of restrictions may be more important in pacifying the audience for Stagecoach, a festival targeted at the country audience, which demographically leans more conservative and has been a hotbed of anti-vaccine and anti-mask sentiment among a number of artists as well as much of the base."

Article is here: Coachella and Stagecoach Festivals Drop All COVID-Related Restrictions, Including Negative Tests and Masks

The THING is back!

1645467625-thing_poster_2022_final_hires.jpg

A lot of names I enjoy. Thankfully, I have seen or will be seeing those aforementioned as one-offs this year.
Yea this. There's very little on there that I havent seen that I want to. Most of them I've seen multiple times as well. Arooj Aftab and Pink Siifu are the only ones that I want to see but haven't. Also as a Philadelphian who has stumbled into more free Roots shows than I can count, it always feels weird paying to see them.

Back