Music Festivals

Get the fuck outta bed, bitch. Let’s go!’
No shade to Rebillet as he's very entertaining and I'd most likely see him if he was at a festival i was at but Gibbs is a serious act, one of the best rappers around, and is now grammy nominated, while Rebillet makes joke songs on YouTube.

It makes me sad for the entire industry

Crap! I was driving and missed out on the Week 2 VIP ticket for ACL. Le sadness abounds.

How much are they usually jacked up for resale? Anyone know?

Crap! I was driving and missed out on the Week 2 VIP ticket for ACL. Le sadness abounds.

How much are they usually jacked up for resale? Anyone know?
It's going to be bad this year. Week 1 GA is currently over twice the list price on resale.

• Angry
Reactions: Tyr
Every year I'm surprised at the level of ubiquity between festivals. Is it the artists that are like yeah we're stickin' to the circuit this year, or is it the fault of the festivals perpetuating musical monoculture? Maybe I'm just feeling it especially this year.

It's going to be bad this year. Week 1 GA is currently over twice the list price on resale.
Fuck me running. Twice?!? So $2800? Damn.

Looks like I’m leaving my princess qualities at home and just going GA. lol

Every year I'm surprised at the level of ubiquity between festivals. Is it the artists that are like yeah we're stickin' to the circuit this year, or is it the fault of the festivals perpetuating musical monoculture? Maybe I'm just feeling it especially this year.
combo of things:
- consolidation of companies for these big fests- which are also some of the only ones who can afford to get going during a pandemic, actually sell, and take on risks/costs of operating. this means you only have a handful of booking agents from a handful of production companies snagging artists from 3-5 agencies for the bulk of your ticket.
- uncertainty with international acts etc cutting down on some options
- a mix of 2020 re-books with new grabs all being squeezed into a 3 month festival circuit for the most part. these artists haven't been touring, and their agents are doing all they can to squeeze them onto lineups.
Fuck me running. Twice?!? So $2800? Damn.

Looks like I’m leaving my princess qualities at home and just going GA. lol
honestly- unless you were gonna do platinum services or ya really insist on having a platform in the middle of the field, VIP is just lowercase okay at ACL. it's big and crowded no matter what, and it is a non-camping fest in the middle of a city... so while the bathrooms and shorter bar lines are pleasant, they are not absolutely necessary. you're new to this environment so just fuckin' plebe it, dude. get in there.

honestly- unless you were gonna do platinum services or ya really insist on having a platform in the middle of the field, VIP is just lowercase okay at ACL. it's big and crowded no matter what, and it is a non-camping fest in the middle of a city... so while the bathrooms and shorter bar lines are pleasant, they are not absolutely necessary. you're new to this environment so just fuckin' plebe it, dude. get in there.

Word. Thanks for the insight, B!

Just call me Sparkle Plebe :cool:

Back