Movies

I was sick this week, the only good thing is that I had time to watch Banshees of Inisherin, The Menu, Tár, and Nightcrawler, all for the first time.
Hopefully you are feeling a bit better now? Annoyingly both me and my girlfriend woke up feeling ill this morning so were just sitting o n the sofa watching films.

Great selections, I haven't yet seen Banshees of Inisherin or Tar but have them lined up to watch.

Hotel Coolgardie - Trailer - YouTube

this was fucked up and an uncomfortable watch. two women traveling the world get robbed in bali so they end up signing up for a three month stint as bartenders at a western australia bar in the middle of nowhere to build up some savings. they end up being fish out of water isolated in a hell they could not have conceived. this is one of the first things the women see when they are brought to the bar, and it only goes downhill from there:

Backpacker documentary, Hotel Coolgardie, shows what Australian outback is  really like | The Advertiser

this is a documentary, btw, not a fiction film. don't watch it if you're in a good mood.

Creed 3 has some great stuff and some less-great stuff, but I think the great stuff wins out. Jonathan Majors owns whole scenes with his face acting, and the boxing sequences move with real style and energy. Now if they could harness some of that zing in the dialogue sequences! Jordan sometimes seems a little too excited to get to the fun stuff.

Still, a good movie and worthy sequel, and a promising first film for MBJ.

I just rewatched the 2015 Fantastic Four movie (pretty sure the first time I watched it I was really really stoned), and I loved it. I'm really disappointed that we didn't get more of these in the universe they created. I don't remember liking it much when I saw it the first time, but I think there was a lot of potential in it that could have led to a great sequel with this cast.

I don't like that they used child actors, they don't have distinct voices save Donnie who sounds significantly younger than the rest of them. It looks cool, style wise.

I like it. They are teenagers after all.

Look at that cast/characters!

The Mitchells Vs The Machines' Jeff Rowe is in the director's chair alongside Kyler Spears – and the Mitchells influence is clear in the animation on show in the teaser, using a mix of techniques to create a unique, painterly style.
As announced by Rogen at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards this weekend, the voice cast is a mix of well known names and rising stars including Paul Rudd as Mondo Gecko, Jackie Chan as Splinter, John Cena as Rocksteady and Rogen himself as Bebop.
We can also expect to hear Micah Abbey as Donatello, Shamon Brown Jr. as Michelangelo, Nicolas Cantu as Leonardo, Brady Noon as Raphael, The Bear's Ayo Edebiri as April O’Neil, Rose Byrne as Leatherhead, Maya Rudolph as Cynthia Utrom, musician Post Malone as Ray Fillet, Natasia Demetriou as Wingnut, Ice Cube as Superfly, Giancarlo Esposito as Baxter Stockman and Hannibal Buress as Genghis Frog.”

I don't like that they used child actors, they don't have distinct voices save Donnie who sounds significantly younger than the rest of them. It looks cool, style wise.

An artist I follow on instagram has been working on vis dev for this, so I’m excited to see some footage. It feels like they saw lnto the Spiderverse and said “I want one of those,” in a good way.

I like it. They are teenagers after all.

Look at that cast/characters!

The Mitchells Vs The Machines' Jeff Rowe is in the director's chair alongside Kyler Spears – and the Mitchells influence is clear in the animation on show in the teaser, using a mix of techniques to create a unique, painterly style.
As announced by Rogen at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards this weekend, the voice cast is a mix of well known names and rising stars including Paul Rudd as Mondo Gecko, Jackie Chan as Splinter, John Cena as Rocksteady and Rogen himself as Bebop.
We can also expect to hear Micah Abbey as Donatello, Shamon Brown Jr. as Michelangelo, Nicolas Cantu as Leonardo, Brady Noon as Raphael, The Bear's Ayo Edebiri as April O’Neil, Rose Byrne as Leatherhead, Maya Rudolph as Cynthia Utrom, musician Post Malone as Ray Fillet, Natasia Demetriou as Wingnut, Ice Cube as Superfly, Giancarlo Esposito as Baxter Stockman and Hannibal Buress as Genghis Frog.”
The amazing thing is how deep they are going from a character standpoint as a small child TMNT we’re my absolute favorite cartoon and I had many of the action figures so as I read the names of the voice talent with the characters I knew exactly to whom they’re referring. Leatherneck was a male mutant croc from the bayou in the cartoon so they are switching genders (which is good since like 99% of TMNT were male) and assume making her an Aussie crocodile instead. Also, I feel like Post Malone gives off way more Gengis Frog energy than Ray Fillet. Other than that I think they did a pretty great job.

Back