Movies

Mank: It's fine.
I really appreciated some of the technical aspects; did the audio mix not sound like the movie was being projected in a big, cavernous movie house, or is there something up with my tv?

But the story itself...meh? It lacked tension in the same way many biopics do (especially the "how did x artist end up making y art? types of biopics where not only does the audience's understanding of history color the story, the filmmakers themselves seem over-beholden to how Great and Pivotal the Art will become), and I don't know what it added up to beyond a more specific understanding of one of the more famous (and previously dramatized) production stories in Hollywood history.

Liked, but did not love Mank. Enjoyed it for what it is, but it's one of those where I'm not sure I would full on recommend to almost anyone I know. That Reznor/Ross score tho shooo💯💯

@siremobunny think I'll hit Wolfwalkers tomorrow!

Mank did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't hate the score, but thought it too loud at times. All of the technical stuff was distracting and I couldn't have been paid to appear interested. I think I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm okay with it.

Mank did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't hate the score, but thought it too loud at times. All of the technical stuff was distracting and I couldn't have been paid to appear interested. I think I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm okay with it.
I think the audience interaction is definitely pretty mixed, I can't fault this take at all.

Back