Movies

I wanna throw Whit Stillman’s wonderful Metropolitan into the ring for great non-Christmas movies that take place during the holiday. Christmas amongst NYC’s young socialite class. Good stuff!

I wanna throw Whit Stillman’s wonderful Metropolitan into the ring for great non-Christmas movies that take place during the holiday. Christmas amongst NYC’s young socialite class. Good stuff!
Really didn’t care for last days of disco but maybe I’ll give it a shot

Wolfwalkers, however, is indisputably stunning, and I beg all of you to use your Apple tv+ free trial to give it a watch.
I just bought The Secret of Kells, Song of the Sea and The Breadwinner. planning on watching them in release order.

I forgot there was a movie thread, and posted this in the television thread first. Sorry about that, Mods! Either way, I was wondering if anyone has a tradition of watching certain movies during the holidays? I was talking with a friend about this the other day, and I got to thinking about what I like to watch over the holidays. My list (in no special order) is below.

White Christmas
The Christmas Chronicles 1 & 2
This Christmas
Polar Express
The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version)
Klaus
Jingle Jangle
Rise of the Guardians
Last Holiday
The Muppet Christmas Carol
The Santa Clause 1-3

Open to adding more if you have any suggestions.

I forgot there was a movie thread, and posted this in the television thread first. Sorry about that, Mods! Either way, I was wondering if anyone has a tradition of watching certain movies during the holidays? I was talking with a friend about this the other day, and I got to thinking about what I like to watch over the holidays. My list (in no special order) is below.

White Christmas
This Christmas
Polar Express
Klaus
Jingle Jangle
Rise of the Guardians
Last Holiday
The Santa Clause 1-3

I just tweeted about this today. We have zero overlap...

I just tweeted about this today. We have zero overlap...

Oh a Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation are classics for sure! I would watch those again. I’ve actually never watched Elf from beginning to end. I’ll catch it in different parts whenever it’s on tv but never sat down to watch it myself, and I like most Will Ferrell movies.

White Christmas
This Christmas
Polar Express
Klaus
Jingle Jangle
Rise of the Guardians
Last Holiday
The Santa Clause 1-3

We have been working our way through a similar list! Ours also includes:

A Miracle On 34th Street (not my favourite but my girlfriend loves it)
Die Hard 1 & 2
Elf
Jack Frost
Four Christmases (randomly stumbled across this the other night having never seen it. Its ok. A standard Vince Vaughn romantic comedy).
Jingle All The Way
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (A must see!!)

Back