Movies

Is this movie going to rule?

View attachment 4823
mcSAa0S.gif

Since all the shows have now wrapped for the summer, I decided to revisit some of my old DVDs to kill time between Astros games. Mostly, I'm watching some of the cult favorites in my collection...so, lots of 70s Grindhouse, Blaxploitation and Hong Kong martial arts classics. I ran through the original "Walking Tall" trilogy a few weekends ago which I had not done in a long time. Earlier this week I watched Sonny Chiba in "The Street Fighter", and Peter Fonda in "Race With The Devil". That was quite the mid-70s double feature. Summer is a good time to rewatch some of those schlocky, but fun flicks.

So back from a cinema double bill, 1st up Godzilla which was not quite as good as it’s reviews but not too bad, anything with fighting monsters is always gonna be fun.
then x:men dark Phoenix which was far better than its reviews suggested , so a couple of decent movies all told , 7/10 for both

I’m curious when/how the MCU will attempt to incorporate mutants.
I'm thinking it'll take at least 5 years for them to go for a proper X-Men reboot/ reintroduction. They have plenty in the pipeline right now, plus it'll be good to give enough distance between the original series. They might start teasing stuff in the next couple of movies, though. I'd bet we see an MCU Fantastic Four movie before X-Men. I'm personally way more interested in that than new X-Men stuff, anyway.

I'm thinking it'll take at least 5 years for them to go for a proper X-Men reboot/ reintroduction. They have plenty in the pipeline right now, plus it'll be good to give enough distance between the original series. They might start teasing stuff in the next couple of movies, though. I'd bet we see an MCU Fantastic Four movie before X-Men. I'm personally way more interested in that than new X-Men stuff, anyway.
I cant wait for a good Fantastic Four movie. There is so much fun scifi potential with that family that I'd love to see on the big screen.

I cant wait for a good Fantastic Four movie. There is so much fun scifi potential with that family that I'd love to see on the big screen.
I rememeber reading somewhere Peyton Reed (Director of Ant-Man) wanted to make a F4 set in the 60's involving the quantum zone. That would be cool.

There's a part of me that hopes Marvel takes a complete tonal leap with the FF and X-Men movies. I don't think itd
I rememeber reading somewhere Peyton Reed (Director of Ant-Man) wanted to make a F4 set in the 60's involving the quantum zone. That would be cool.

I'm wondering if Endgame and Far From Home are opening up the concept of alternate universes in order to make room for mutants or retro-style adventures.

Finally catching "A Star Is Born" on HBO. So, is it an intentional thing that you can't understand anything Bradley Cooper is saying at any point in the movie? I can turn the volume up, but that has zero impact on being able to understand anything Mumbles McGee is saying.

Finally catching "A Star Is Born" on HBO. So, is it an intentional thing that you can't understand anything Bradley Cooper is saying at any point in the movie? I can turn the volume up, but that has zero impact on being able to understand anything Mumbles McGee is saying.

I felt like he's doing a Jeff Bridges impression when Jeff Bridges acts country.

Back