Movies

MIB International was bad. I haven't seen a movie think this little of the audience in a long time. Predictable every step of the way, poor writing, obviously filmed with 3D in mind, and became a car commercial in the final act.

So I'm going to be finding myself stuck with nowhere to go in Atlanta next Thursday. (Basically, my girlfriend will be at a conference all day, and I have to figure out a way to entertain myself until we can get into our room.) So...I was going to see some movies. I saw that the new Child's Play will be out, so I'm thinking that one. Or that dumb, goofy looking 'what if the Beatles never existed' movie. But I'm not crazy about seeing either of them. What else is in theaters (or will be next week) that I should see? And don't say Toy Story 4, cause we already have plans to see that together next Friday at a nice small theater in Atlanta.

So I'm going to be finding myself stuck with nowhere to go in Atlanta next Thursday. (Basically, my girlfriend will be at a conference all day, and I have to figure out a way to entertain myself until we can get into our room.) So...I was going to see some movies. I saw that the new Child's Play will be out, so I'm thinking that one. Or that dumb, goofy looking 'what if the Beatles never existed' movie. But I'm not crazy about seeing either of them. What else is in theaters (or will be next week) that I should see? And don't say Toy Story 4, cause we already have plans to see that together next Friday at a nice small theater in Atlanta.

Wow, next week sucks for movies...
It looks like Landmark Midtown Art Theater is showing Booksmart and The Dead Don't Die, also a Woodstock Docu and some other stuff as far as I can tell.

https://www.landmarktheatres.com/atlanta/midtown-art-cinema

Wow, next week sucks for movies...
It looks like Landmark Midtown Art Theater is showing Booksmart and The Dead Don't Die, also a Woodstock Docu and some other stuff as far as I can tell.

https://www.landmarktheatres.com/atlanta/midtown-art-cinema
Hmm. I have already seen Booksmart, but maybe wouldn't mind seeing it again. Also, I have not been to that theater, might check it out when I'm there. Last summer I went to this smaller one that was great but I can't remember the name of it at the moment.

Plaza maybe? It's on Ponce.
Found it:

It’s in Sandy Springs. Small, kind of in between renovations on the inside when I went. But I liked seeing a film in such a small theater cause it’s been so long since I’ve been able to do that. And the seating was great - big recliner seats, all the just on the floor though, no stadium seating. It reminded me of a theater I used to go to where I live before it closed and got turned into a climbing gym.

Found it:

It’s in Sandy Springs. Small, kind of in between renovations on the inside when I went. But I liked seeing a film in such a small theater cause it’s been so long since I’ve been able to do that. And the seating was great - big recliner seats, all the just on the floor though, no stadium seating. It reminded me of a theater I used to go to where I live before it closed and got turned into a climbing gym.
Oh neat, I've never been there. But I hate going to theaters unless it's a big action blockbuster like Avengers or something. People are too inconsiderate and if the sound of the movie doesn't drown it out i'm not going to have a a good time. I don't do well with background noises.

Back