Movies

Spaceman_%282024_film%29_poster.jpg

It's one of the many things that I always told myself I'd watch eventually and just never got around to. Better late than never to rectify that, though, I suppose.
Oh no doubt we all have our blind spots. Heck, I just confessed to having never seen Titanic on here a week or two ago.

in my first apartment my roommates and I spent a good portion the 2000/2001 school year dropping LSD, watching the Matrix on VHS, and listening to Kid A (sometimes all at the same time). Lots of good memories.

Oh no doubt we all have our blind spots. Heck, I just confessed to having never seen Titanic on here a week or two ago.

in my first apartment my roommates and I spent a good portion the 2000/2001 school year dropping LSD, watching the Matrix on VHS, and listening to Kid A (sometimes all at the same time). Lots of good memories.
I didn’t watch any of the Godfather movies until a few years ago. I tried The Godfather in 2010 but fell asleep. This is a safe space.

Yeah, Aliens and Predator make sense being the the same universe Alien and Predator do not.
I’ve not seen Predator 2 which I heard is kind of a continuation of that classic Hollywood big city mayhem. Alien^3 I want to see but am scared due to it being Fincher’s “Dune” a la David Lynch.

I’ve not seen Predator 2 which I heard is kind of a continuation of that classic Hollywood big city mayhem. Alien^3 I want to see but am scared due to it being Fincher’s “Dune” a la David Lynch.
TBH, the Assembly cut of 3 isn’t bad. It’s still not as good as the first 2 but a big improvement over the theatrical release.

What ya think? Haven’t caught it yet but I love Sandler is dramas. Sci-Fi is icing on the cake even thought this has been getting middling reviews (as is tradition for sandman)
I'll probably watch it again and see if anything stands out more on a second viewing. Sandler played it well and it was definitely unlike any other role I've seen him play. But as a film the middling reviews are fair. It mostly succeeds as a human connection story, but it tries too hard to be "cosmically deep" and it mostly fails to develop that well enough to fit the tone.

Back