Movies

4D? They gonna blast some sand in your eyes?

My dad and I are hitting the Imax in a few hrs
I'll probably be in the minority, but I was disappointed😶Had problems with the first, but gave them the benefit of the doubt because it wasn't the complete story. Now that it's rounded out, all those problems become more apparent. In between all the (seriously great) spectacle, I just didn't care about anything that was going on. It feels so cold and distant, and every moment there wasn't an incredible setpiece happening, I was bored and disinterested. I don't really like the book either (i know, i know), so maybe this is just a fatal flaw on my part, but every one of Villeneuve's other sci-fis trump this one.

There are so many films on Criterion Channel that sometimes I get overwhelmed and have no idea where to start. But, I just finished up Chungking Express for the first time (the original theatrical version). I really enjoyed the style, the feel, and mood of it. Now I'm onto a 3 hour French New Wave film, Celine and Julie Go Boating. I've also watched Wings of Desire too and want to go more into Wim Wenders filmography. But before that, I have added a number of other films to my watchlist, like The Red Shoes, The Phantom Carriage, Tampopo. Tomorrow Next Week is my spring break, so I'm hoping to carve out a lot of time for these films. Any other recs to check out? I've watched a few already too, but I forgot to log them on Letterboxd.

Last edited:
There are so many films on Criterion Channel that sometimes I get overwhelmed and have no idea where to start. But, I just finished up Chungking Express for the first time (the original theatrical version). I really enjoyed the style, the feel, and mood of it. Now I'm onto a 3 hour French New Wave film, Celine and Julie Go Boating. I've also watched Wings of Desire too and want to go more into Wim Wenders filmography. But before that, I have added a number of other films to my watchlist, like The Red Shoes, The Phantom Carriage, Tampopo. Tomorrow is my spring break, so I'm hoping to carve out a lot of time for these films. Any other recs to check out? I've watched a few already too, but I forgot to log them on Letterboxd.
Criterion Channel is THE BEST.

I need to dig into their Interdimensional Romance collection.

There are so many films on Criterion Channel that sometimes I get overwhelmed and have no idea where to start. But, I just finished up Chungking Express for the first time (the original theatrical version). I really enjoyed the style, the feel, and mood of it. Now I'm onto a 3 hour French New Wave film, Celine and Julie Go Boating. I've also watched Wings of Desire too and want to go more into Wim Wenders filmography. But before that, I have added a number of other films to my watchlist, like The Red Shoes, The Phantom Carriage, Tampopo. Tomorrow Next Week is my spring break, so I'm hoping to carve out a lot of time for these films. Any other recs to check out? I've watched a few already too, but I forgot to log them on Letterboxd.
At the start of every month I swing through the Leaving Soon section to remove and re-add items on my watchlist and put them at the top. I rarely make it through more than a couple, but sometimes there's a title I refuse to miss.

I'll throw in some of Seijun Suzuki's works as ones to watch. Gate of Flesh and Branded to Kill were both a blast.

I was worried we'd only get Dune Part 1 because the first half of the story is all setup, all worldbuilding and stakes-setting; it only made sense that it'd be slow and alienating, and I really doubted it'd be successful enough to warrant a second half. I'm glad we got that second half. What a big, weird movie.

Part Three is gonna be nuts.

IMG_7586.jpeg

Rank (Movie):
Goldfinger
From Russia With Love
Dr. No
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice

Rank (Song):
Shirley Bassey - "Goldfinger"
The John Barry Orchestra - "James Bond Theme"
Nancy Sinatra - "You Only Live Twice"
Louis Armstrong - "We Have All The Time In The World"
Tom Jones - "Thunderball"
The John Berry Orchestra - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"
Matt Monro - "From Russia With Love"

View attachment 197073

Rank (Movie):
Goldfinger
From Russia With Love
Dr. No
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice

Rank (Song):
Shirley Bassey - "Goldfinger"
The John Barry Orchestra - "James Bond Theme"
Nancy Sinatra - "You Only Live Twice"
Louis Armstrong - "We Have All The Time In The World"
Tom Jones - "Thunderball"
The John Berry Orchestra - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"
Matt Monro - "From Russia With Love"

I love that Lazeby movie ...

Saw dune 2 over the weekend and watched Little Women last night for the first time and had a super weird revelation I needed to share

dune 2 and little women have shockingly similar endings. In both timothee chalamet tells a women he will always love her and then ends up marrying Florence Pugh instead

Also after watching both Timothee has shot even higher up my favorite actor list and Florence Pugh is now one of my favorite actresses

Last edited:
Watched Anatomy of a Fall last night. While I place it below many of the Oscar movies this year, I will be in no way sad if Sandra Huller wins Best Actress. I enjoyed the movie left it to the viewer to decide and really it was more about how you fill in the gaps much like how Daniel did. I definitely would not like to be tried by the French justice system. The prosecutor was very punchable.

I did not enjoy Spaceman... was bored to tears. Despite what ppl are saying its not like Interstellar at all (I know people are saying its like Lame interstellar - but I would say that comparison is not even warranted).

The cast is decent, I like Adam Sandler, Paul Dano, & Carey Mulligan - but everyone seemed so one noted. The only person with an arc is Adam Sandler but his acting in this one is... dull

Back