Movies

Finally got a chance to see The Lighthouse tonight. Easily one of the best movie experiences I’ve had this year. Holy shit, what a trip. The climax may be my favorite thing on film so far this year.

side note: a couple of elderly-ish ladies were in the theater. Towards the very end I heard one say “this is the worst movie I’ve ever seen.” And I felt like...well, what were they expecting? Truly...what did they think this was. It is definitely not for everybody, but for me, well I loved it.

Last edited:
This looks so dumb and fun. The redesign looks great and as someone with a lot of nostalgia for Sonic, I'm in

Its crazy how much more interested I am in watching this after their redesign. Its made me realise that I spent the entirely of the previous trailer wondering how they got it so wrong.

Yeah Waves ins't playing here yet, but I'm very interested in seeing it.

I just found out that Parasite started playing here though and am wondering if I should check it out. I know essentially nothing about it. Haven't seen the director's other works either. I just now it's been very buzzed about this year.

I just found out that Parasite started playing here though and am wondering if I should check it out. I know essentially nothing about it. Haven't seen the director's other works either. I just now it's been very buzzed about this year.

Why wonder? It's so good...go see it.

Rather liked Doctor Sleep. It does, by necessity, lean a bit hard on The Shining, but I think it works, especially in the front half.

You should watch Parasite. Join the Bong

One thought in particular I had seeing The Irishman last night was, of all the comparisons to Goodfellas the movie may invite, I think of how Goodfellas, while well received in its time, only grew in the pop culture estimation due to basic cable reruns. The Irishman would be the movie of 2019 that, were I flipping channels on tv on a Sunday afternoon, stay planted on. We all have these movies, movies we’ve seen dozens of times, but maybe once from front to back. The Irishman would totally be one of these. As a Netflix movie, it’ll never be experienced this way, and I’m bummed.

One thought in particular I had seeing The Irishman last night was, of all the comparisons to Goodfellas the movie may invite, I think of how Goodfellas, while well received in its time, only grew in the pop culture estimation due to basic cable reruns. The Irishman would be the movie of 2019 that, were I flipping channels on tv on a Sunday afternoon, stay planted on. We all have these movies, movies we’ve seen dozens of times, but maybe once from front to back. The Irishman would totally be one of these. As a Netflix movie, it’ll never be experienced this way, and I’m bummed.
Does any movie capture this sentiment better than A Knight's Tale? I think not. As a cable-cutter, the thought of this does trigger a smidge of TV nostalgia. Just a smidge though.

Back