Movies

The Lighthouse is absolutely incredible. Best performances or both actors' careers.
Oh yeah, I saw Lighthouse on Thursday and loved it. I couldn't understand 90% of what Dafoe said, but I vibe with it. Director said it was a portrayal of toxic masculinity, and it makes sense. Like Lord of the Flies but its two dudes on a rock.
I, too, just saw The Lighthouse.

It was a lot.

It blows my mind and makes me incredibly hopeful for the future of movies that this movie got made and was given pretty decent distribution. God bless A24.

It’s very beautiful. The way Eggers uses light is stunning. Both Defoe and Pattinson give masterful performances.

Haven't seen the movie, but I did spin the Soundtrack tonight and it is really good. Definitely puts you in a specific mood.

The Addams Family was bad. One of my kids enjoyed it but the other was non-plussed. Thematically it’s quite on point but it just failed in maintaining the entertainment level to deliver successfully unfortunately.

Finally saw Parasite last night. I enjoyed it, but unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I would have if I hadn’t been sitting next to a group of three guys who were READING EVERY THIRD SUBTITLE OUT LOUD AND LAUGHING AT EVERY LINE. :mad::mad::mad:

It completely took me out of the movie. This was the last possible showing I could see in my city too, so fingers crossed it’s nominated for best picture and gets rereleased ahead of the Oscars so I can see it again.

Finally saw Parasite last night. I enjoyed it, but unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I would have if I hadn’t been sitting next to a group of three guys who were READING EVERY THIRD SUBTITLE OUT LOUD AND LAUGHING AT EVERY LINE. :mad::mad::mad:

It completely took me out of the movie. This was the last possible showing I could see in my city too, so fingers crossed it’s nominated for best picture and gets rereleased ahead of the Oscars so I can see it again.

Yikes, unfortunate way to experience one of Bong Joon-ho's best films. My audience was really well behaved, which is rare for my city. I often find bad audiences who can't keep up with a tonally complex film just assume the whole thing is a slapstick comedy.

Anyhow whatever good karma I had to make Parasite go smooth was negated at my screening of Jojo Rabbit in which (actual spoilers below)

A group of college kids behind me were laughing and texting each other the whole movie. They got to screaming laughter level right during the the scene where we see Scarlet Johansson's character has been hanged, completely ruining the moment for everyone.

Yikes, unfortunate way to experience one of Bong Joon-ho's best films. My audience was really well behaved, which is rare for my city. I often find bad audiences who can't keep up with a tonally complex film just assume the whole thing is a slapstick comedy.

Anyhow whatever good karma I had to make Parasite go smooth was negated at my screening of Jojo Rabbit in which (actual spoilers below)

A group of college kids behind me were laughing and texting each other the whole movie. They got to screaming laughter level right during the the scene where we see Scarlet Johansson's character has been hanged, completely ruining the moment for everyone.

Oops, shouldn't have clicked that.

Have just watched Stand By Me. I’ve absolutely no clue how this has passed me by for so long, but it was brilliant so I’m really glad we opted to put that on this evening.
giphy.gif

Back