Movies

Back from a his n hers double bill, Malificent 2 (here) and zombieland 2 (his)..... & hers was much better , solid 8/10 for Malificent , good movie for all the family ...zombieland 2, ok , but a bit of a rehash , certainly don’t need a third 7/10

We went to see Zombieland yesterday... It was fun. One of the better comedy sequels but it's kind of light on plot.

I had the unpleasant experience of watching the Cube sequels last night.
I enjoyed the first one, though there some glaring issues with the acting and the plot device dude.
The 2nd one, however, is unironically one of the worst movies I have ever seen. No one in it looks like they have ever acted before, and its attempts to portray multiple dimensions are laughably bad.
The 3rd one, while a step up from Hypercube, still came nowhere close to the spirit of the original and feels more like Cube fanfiction.
Ha. I remember watching that Hypercube movie in my friends basement in high school. It was very, very bad.

Joker is utter schlock posturing as something daring and transgressive. Virtually everything decent about it is ripped off of some other better movie. Amazed this is getting so much hype.

Finally watched it and I agree with this completely. It’s a well-shot movie with a very committed central performance that hides a poor and deeply ugly script. Waste of Phoenix’s talents.

Watched the latest Terminator today in imax, it’s better than the everything since T2, but outside of a couple of good set piece battles, kinda underwhelming overall. And cinema was empty , not good on a Saturday afternoon on opening weekend

I, too, just saw The Lighthouse.

It was a lot.

It blows my mind and makes me incredibly hopeful for the future of movies that this movie got made and was given pretty decent distribution. God bless A24.

It’s very beautiful. The way Eggers uses light is stunning. Both Defoe and Pattinson give masterful performances.

Back