Movies

Recently saw John Wick, liked it quite a bit. Not sure I have anything revolutionary to say about it but the characters were engaging. Think it would be fun to see a film just focused on the hotel's staff, but I'm led to believe that's what 3 is about. Also, the sheer body count was kind of taking me out of it by around the half-way point, but I've always been kind of allergic to ‘awesome’ things, so… Probably just me.

I definitely recommend anyone that likes John Wick 1 to watch The Raid: Redemption. Its action is wayyyy better and it keeps the same compact type of story as John Wick 1
HAH We watched The Raid earlier this year and I was just thinking about it. John Wick plays for a little more depth which I appreciate but at the same time I can't help but think in not quite getting there might end up being the weaker movie. We haven't gotten to The Redemption for some reason, must've been distracted by something. :unsure:

I definitely recommend anyone that likes John Wick 1 to watch The Raid: Redemption. Its action is wayyyy better and it keeps the same compact type of story as John Wick 1

The Raid was exceptionally well made, but too graphic for my tastes. John Wick walks a fine line where it’s compellingly violent without becoming gross.

HAH We watched The Raid earlier this year and I was just thinking about it. John Wick plays for a little more depth which I appreciate but at the same time I can't help but think in not quite getting there might end up being the weaker movie. We haven't gotten to The Redemption for some reason, must've been distracted by something. :unsure:

John Wick is quietly very funny. Michael Nyqvist's performance elevates the whole movie.

Last edited:
If you guys liked the raid, you should watch

p9128607_v_v8_aa.jpg

Not in the least! I’ve seen nearly half the movies, but am especially deficient on the early ones. Just in time for me to have finally canceled my Netflix disc service.

You?

Cagliostro was the only one I hadn't seen, and I watched it a couple weeks ago along with Kiki's Delivery Service. Will probably rewatch a bunch of the others, though, just because it's been a while.

Hit me up if you'd like a short-term Plex share to stream them from my personal library.

Back