Movies

I am absolutely blown away by a Mulholland Drive. It’s so well-directed and surreal. Some of the scenes are going to live in my head forever.
tenor.gif

I really had a harsh dislike for the Green Knight and I loved A Ghost Story.
Man I was really ready to love A Ghost Story. But several minutes into watching Rooney Mara eat pie, I fell out of tune with the film and never quite found the vibe again. It’s so high concept that if you’re not ready to Take It Very Seriously then it quickly unravels into being goofy.

We enjoyed most of it (despite Toni Collette who we usually like), but I would say we still prefer Murder On The Orient Express 74'.

Next up is Once Upon A Time In Hollywood which I have seen once when it came out.
I just recently picked this up. Still haven’t cracked it open yet but looking forward to it…
Amazon product ASIN 0063112523

Last edited:
The Suicide Squad is lotsa fun! Total popcorn flick, and that's all it needed to be to begin with.

This is great to read. After the horrible taste the first left in my mouth, I pretty much lost any interest in all of the current wave of DC movies.
Given James Gunn's involvement, however, I've been cautiously optimistic about this one.

This is great to read. After the horrible taste the first left in my mouth, I pretty much lost any interest in all of the current wave of DC movies.
Given James Gunn's involvement, however, I've been cautiously optimistic about this one.
From the previews, it looked like they lightened it up a lot. Honestly, if they just took the tone of the Harley Quinn cartoon, then it'd be a smash.

I watched 'Devil' last night (the 2010 M. Night Shyamalan film) and actually really enjoyed it.

As much as anything I really enjoyed how it was pretty much all contained within the elevator car, and the thriller aspect of 'who done it'. Does anyone have any recommendations of films like this? I'm not really bothered about the horror aspect, but certainly the thriller side of it. Films like 'Phonebooth', etc.

Cheers

I've not seen the Devil will give it a watch. Buried sounds similar, the one where its set in a coffin.

Have you seen 'Rope', an old Hitchcock movie, it won't have the pace of the likes of Phonebooth, but it's a whodunnit that takes place in one room with a single shot. It's not really a one shot movie, as film reels at the time only lasted 15 minutes or so.

Another one that sings to mind is Locke, it's set in a car with Tom Hardy taking & making calls, not a thriller, or whodunnit bit more of a radio play style, but interesting concept.

I've not seen the Devil will give it a watch. Buried sounds similar, the one where its set in a coffin.

Have you seen 'Rope', an old Hitchcock movie, it won't have the pace of the likes of Phonebooth, but it's a whodunnit that takes place in one room with a single shot. It's not really a one shot movie, as film reels at the time only lasted 15 minutes or so.

Another one that sings to mind is Locke, it's set in a car with Tom Hardy taking & making calls, not a thriller, or whodunnit bit more of a radio play style, but interesting concept.
Ah yes, Buried is a great one. I actually re-watched it recently because my fiancee had never seen it.

I haven't seen Rope or Locke, but will definitely check them out, they sound great! Cheers

The Suicide Squad is lotsa fun! Total popcorn flick, and that's all it needed to be to begin with.

Great flick, good job by Gunn to avoid some of the pitfalls the first one fell into and kind of make us care more about these folks.

I didn't have Danielle Melchior (Ratcatcher 2) or King Shark being the breakout characters but here we are.

Back