Movies

My wife and I went to see Annette tonight. The story and all of the songs are by the band Sparks. Early in the film I turned to my wife and compared it to David Lynch if he had directed a musical. Very bizarre, maybe a little too long, but I'm glad we saw it in a theater. It'll be streaming on Amazon Prime in a couple of weeks.

My wife and I went to see Annette tonight. The story and all of the songs are by the band Sparks. Early in the film I turned to my wife and compared it to David Lynch if he had directed a musical. Very bizarre, maybe a little too long, but I'm glad we saw it in a theater. It'll be streaming on Amazon Prime in a couple of weeks.
Are you and your wife the same person? I feel like that's the twist we need in this narrative.🤔

Rewatching in prep for season 3, and it's off the charts how much this show rules.
I feel like, when I started watching the Succession, I was on the fence for the first few episodes, unsure as to whether it was going to be depressing or fun to watch. It got more fun and delicious as it went on. I like how it doesn't try to excuse the appalling behavior of the characters but just shows how they're all flawed and weak and human in different ways. But that little piano theme song gets me pretty amped before each episode.

I feel the same way about White Lotus right now. It makes you kind of queasy because it touches on dives right into and swims around in a lot of sensitive issues in uncomfortable ways but it's also somehow kind of hilarious and addictive. And the music and scenery are both really beautiful throughout.

The Green Knight will be streaming for "one night only" and so I felt pressured to just buy a ticket so I did.

I'm very excited for the movie. And although I know people are like 'you gotta see this in the theater...' well I'm just not quite there yet personally. So I'll be staying up and watching it on a wednesday night.

Just watched the Sparks doc a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it despite knowing virtually nothing about the band. I heard about this one shortly after and am really curious about it. I am down for a surreal musical.

Last weekend I watched the Anthony Bourdain doc Roadrunner, which I do recommend highly - with some caveats. One being that it's incredibly hard to watch. Although I think it's great at giving you very good looks into Bourdain's life and career, there is this impending doom that just hangs over everything, naturally. I had to choose to try and remember all the inspiration that he gave throughout his life, cause by the end I was in a mood. Also, knowing a few things about the 1) narration and 2) mural thing at the end, I can't help but feel like it cheapens some aspects of it...but that's all I'll say for now.

Just watched the Sparks doc a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it despite knowing virtually nothing about the band. I heard about this one shortly after and am really curious about it. I am down for a surreal musical.
Same here. I just have a few of their albums. Was a fun watch and the "ending" was cool too! (no spoiler ;)

Back