Movies

My 8 month old daughter likes to bite our Apple TV remote and, one time while biting and hitting random buttons, the newish Nic Cage movie Willy’s Wonderland started playing. So I just left it on and it was so bad but also fun and entertaining.

I kinda want to watch Jungle Cruise. Something about a big dumb adventure movie set in the 1910s in a “tall tales” type version of the Amazon sounds like a fun couple hours. It’s weird because I hated The Mummy and never gave Pirates Of The Caribbean the time of day. Some parts of the preview look fun but I kind of hate the over reliance on CGI that these movie typical call for.

Last edited:
I’ve been on a Fincher kick of late and am watching Se7en for the first time in years - such a great/tucked up film.
Great flick, the way the film was shot, everything is so dark, like it was filmed through a tinted lens on a cloudy day; ratchets ups the eeriness and dread. It feel like the whole movie is occurring during a solar eclipse.

It’s true, outside of Encino Man I am hard pressed to think of a Brendan Frazier movie I’ve really enjoyed.
you're telling me I shouldn't have ordered you this bumper sticker then?

you're telling me I shouldn't have ordered you this bumper sticker then?

Hardly, I would not want my personal distain for Mr. Frazier or CGI pyramids to take away from anyone else’s enjoyment.

He has an underrated career as “unhinged second guy:” Twelve Monkeys, Se7en, Fight Club…to some degree that’s even what he’s doing in OUaTiH.
Yup; I've always maintained he's a character actor unfortunately trapped in a leading man's body. Obviously Brad's not hurting, but Colin Ferrel is having the career he should've imo.

He has an underrated career as “unhinged second guy:” Twelve Monkeys, Se7en, Fight Club…to some degree that’s even what he’s doing in OUaTiH.

12 Monkeys was my turnaround with the Brad. I didn't think much of him other than being a prettyboy before that. Se7en sealed the deal when I watched it a short time later. 12 Monkeys remains one of my favourite bits of his entire filmography.

Back