Movies

Never seen Kids, never heard of Paid in Full, besides those two I'm fully indoctrinated.
I remember when Larry Clark’s Kids dropped. I was still in Junior High but Rolling Stone Magazine LOVED them some Kids it was an alright movie but nothing amazing. The best thing the movie gave us was Cloe Sevigny and Rosario Dawson.

I remember when Larry Clark’s Kids dropped. I was still in Junior High but Rolling Stone Magazine LOVED them some Kids it was an alright movie but nothing amazing. The best thing the movie gave us was Cloe Sevigny and Rosario Dawson.
Wasn't that also Harmony Korine's first movie? I know he tends to be loved or hated, but I feel like he's been major in the cult movie scene that last 25 years.

I kinda wanna watch Bloodsport now. I loved Van Damme movies when aI was a kid. My mom’s boyfriend used to rent and watch all those bloody action movies with me. I probably haven’t seen any of them since I was like 10 years old.

The wild part IMO is the movie A Star Is Born has now been made/remade 4(!) times in 1937, 1954, 1976, and 2018 and every time it’s been released it’s been very well received.
View attachment 86109
View attachment 86110
View attachment 86111
View attachment 86112
I've only seen the 1937 one which is pretty good. Watched it a couple weeks ago in my journey through all my movies chronologically. I'll watch the newest one in like 5 years I guess, lol.

If anyone was interested in getting passes to any Sundance films that were sold out, they added more tickets for most of them.
Thanks! I wanted to see “The World To Come” but it was sold out before. Just got my ticket! Wish there were some discount codes though haha. It looks like a pretty narrow screening window for these, too, right?

Thanks! I wanted to see “The World To Come” but it was sold out before. Just got my ticket! Wish there were some discount codes though haha. It looks like a pretty narrow screening window for these, too, right?
Depends on which showing you got. The first showing, which for The World to Come is tomorrow, has a three hour window in which to start watching the film, but then you have four hours to finish the film after you start it. The second showing, which is two days after the first showimmng has a 24 hour window, with the same 4 hours to watch after starting rule.

Depends on which showing you got. The first showing, which for The World to Come is tomorrow, has a three hour window in which to start watching the film, but then you have four hours to finish the film after you start it. The second showing, which is two days after the first showimmng has a 24 hour window, with the same 4 hours to watch after starting rule.
Thank you! I feel like this festival has the most complicated (and hard to locate on their website) screening rules of all of the ones I’ve done this year. It’s a little annoying that none of the screening appear to be in the evening.

for example, right now I’m just trying to confirm whether 3pm means ET or MT. 3pm MT seems more reasonable to me - but I can’t find anywhere on the website that specifies which time zone we’re in.

my Night of the Kings is at 3pm today haha so hoping I can watch it after work since i have a meeting at 4pm eastern time.

Thank you! I feel like this festival has the most complicated (and hard to locate on their website) screening rules of all of the ones I’ve done this year. It’s a little annoying that none of the screening appear to be in the evening.

for example, right now I’m just trying to confirm whether 3pm means ET or MT. 3pm MT seems more reasonable to me - but I can’t find anywhere on the website that specifies which time zone we’re in.

my Night of the Kings is at 3pm today haha so hoping I can watch it after work since i have a meeting at 4pm eastern time.
The times adjust to your local time on the website. I can confirm, since I am also in EST, that Night of the Kings' streaming window starts at 3pm. So, as long as you start watching it before 6pm, and finish it before 4 hrs after the second you start it, you should be good.

Hopefully your meeting isn't a long one:p

Back