Movies

Some video game movie hot takes coming your way!

Second to @ayayrawn suggestion of Mortal Kombat!

Alright, the Doom movie wasn't very good overall, but I did enjoy the first person scene at the end.

Also Super Mario Bros in that "so bad it's good" category.

I also used to love Resident Evil: Apocalypse when it came out. It's balls to the wall action, which isn't the MO of RE per say, but it translated to an entertaining movie I had fun with. Lickers and Nemesis and zombies, oh my!

Silent Hill also sucked, but the part with Pyramid Head ripping off the girl's skin was kind of rad. Was that in the first one or the second one? I can't remember, they kind of blur together.

Finally, Street Fighter with Van Damme. Used to watch that a lot as a kid, but haven't seen it as an adult, so I'm not sure how it holds up.

Ok, I'm done.

Tough crowd.

Honestly, the Many Endings really didn’t bug me this time around. It’s an allowable indulgence; you make 11 hours of the grandest film epic, you get to take your time wrapping things up.

Also for some reason, the Hobbits’ inability to return to a normal life after the traumas of a broken year kinda hits home right now.

Tough crowd.

Honestly, the Many Endings really didn’t bug me this time around. It’s an allowable indulgence; you make 11 hours of the grandest film epic, you get to take your time wrapping things up.

Also for some reason, the Hobbits’ inability to return to a normal life after the traumas of a broken year kinda hits home right now.
The book ending is even longer , you can tell Tolkien really didn’t want to say goodbye to these characters..if anything I thought the movie ending (even with the extended cut) was too short ..it really is about how after any traumatic event (in the authors case ww1) nothing can ever really be the same again

Hot take: WW84 was actually kinda good. Chris Pine and Kristen Wiig and Pedro Pascal just absolutely bathing in ham, campy f/x work straight out of the 80s, big colorful comic book story beats. Vastly preferred it to the first.

Back