MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Fine, I'll join in too :)

Recently upgraded to a Studiodeck after having fits with a Margules TT-10. The Margules looked beautiful, but buzzes, hums, mad background hiss prevailed. Just not a silent table no matter what I did. Now I have the Studiodeck and blacks are black again. I seem to be the oddball with the Hana SH instead of SL here, but I thought the higher output might make extra sure I stayed far above the noise floor.

Next upgrade is likely finding some real furniture and replacing that Ikea shelf.

Turntable: Mofi StudioDeck
Cartridge: Hana SH
Clamp: Clearaudio Quadro
Audio Cables: Blue Jeans LC-1
Phono: Moon 310LP
Amp: VTV Stereo Purifi Audio 1ET400A Amplifier
Speakers: DIY Murphy Corner Line ArrayView attachment 86191View attachment 86192

Congrats! It really is a sexy looking beast.

Would definitely be intrigued to hear how the combo with the Hana works out for you. The hifi dealer I got my Studiodeck from mentioned that he really likes the Hana carts paired with the Mofi decks.

Congrats! It really is a sexy looking beast.

Would definitely be intrigued to hear how the combo with the Hana works out for you. The hifi dealer I got my Studiodeck from mentioned that he really likes the Hana carts paired with the Mofi decks.
That totally makes sense to my ear. The MoFi presentation leans a bit to the darker side, and the Hana is a bit brighter. I'm intrigued, as well!

Hello gents, I haven't been on the forum for a while but I was thinking about the original post on this subject of cleaning our Studio/Ultradecks when I saw all the dust and debris on my deck this morning. I'm inspired now to clean it!

I made a few system changes since I last posted. Landed on my phono stage. Demo'd a Graham Slee Accession M and an Icon PS2 (tube) for a couple of weeks at home. (There was a great deal to be had on an Insight which some of you recommended but the Slee and Icon I could try at home with no risk.)

It was really no contest. The dimensionality and detail of the Icon was evident from the first needle drop - "had me at hello" kind of moment. One thing with the Accession though was that it definitely improved over time. That was suprising...just how much better it got but I could only keep one and the Icon is the one that stayed.

I guess I never did I setup break down.
Feel free to add me to the main page 😁

Turntable: MoFi UltraDeck
Cartridge: MoFi MasterTracker
Amp: Rogue Audio Sphinx V3
Speakers: Zu Audio Dirty Weekend Mk.II
Speaker Cable: Zu Audio Mission
Cassette Deck: Pioneer CT-F9191
CD Player: Sony RCD-W10

Last edited:
I guess I never did I setup break down.
Feel free to add me to the main page 😁

Cartridge: MoFi MasterTracker
Amp: Rogue Audio Sphinx V3
Speakers: Zu Audio Dirty Weekend Mk.II
Speaker Cable: Zu Audio Mission
Cassette Deck: Pioneer CT-F9191
CD Player: Sony RM-R51
Likewise:

Its a MofoingMoFi exstravagansa at the Lacubrious household.

Cartridge: MoFi UltraTracker
Weight: MoFi Super Heavyweight
Preamp: MoFi Ultraphono
Amp: Onkyo 708
Speakers: Tannoy 609

I have a headshell/mass question. I received the EZ screws as my free gift from the Zephyr Star. There are 4 sets. the nylon were actually lighter than the original screws. The aluminum where slightly heavier and the last two sets progressively heavier.

I liked the Aluminum (aluminium) as it tended to add a tad of bass to the sound. Considering that I'm adjusting the set up for the new weight why is there an audible impact on sound, and is there a rule of thumb for how much mass I should add at that end?

I have a headshell/mass question. I received the EZ screws as my free gift from the Zephyr Star. There are 4 sets. the nylon were actually lighter than the original screws. The aluminum where slightly heavier and the last two sets progressively heavier.

I liked the Aluminum (aluminium) as it tended to add a tad of bass to the sound. Considering that I'm adjusting the set up for the new weight why is there an audible impact on sound, and is there a rule of thumb for how much mass I should add at that end?

I have them and I used the heaviest set on mine. Your counterweight will have to be able to counterbalance the combined weight of the cartridge and the screws you want to use, I had to buy a heavier counterweight to do that. Otherwise you just balance the tonearm as before and then add the tracking force.

I have them and I used the heaviest set on mine. Your counterweight will have to be able to counterbalance the combined weight of the cartridge and the screws you want to use, I had to buy a heavier counterweight to do that. Otherwise you just balance the tonearm as before and then add the tracking force.
Did you account for skate as well?

Did you account for skate as well?

I have a different table so my anti skate is a little weight on a fishing hook so that’s not exactly the same. I do set mine based on the tracking force rather than the cartridge/screw weight? One of the others might chip in with regard to this table.

Back